lives bug? need help [solved]

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I facing some problem about the lives bug.

At the first time game play . everything going smooth and good.

but when the player lost all of 3 lives and restart the whole game , the lives seem like not working properly..

[attachment=0:34ef7umw][/attachment:34ef7umw]

I don't know how to fix it

• The lives are working.

What is happening is when you die and the layout is restarted the game creates 2 boxes at the first position. That's why you lose 2 lives when you hit the first box you are actually hitting 2 boxes.

It may do it further in the game but I never jumped just let the character hit every box.

• The lives are working.

What is happening is when you die and the layout is restarted the game creates 2 boxes at the first position. That's why you lose 2 lives when you hit the first box you are actually hitting 2 boxes.

It may do it further in the game but I never jumped just let the character hit every box.

so .. how do i fix it??

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's a fixed version.

I've changed the box from a tiled background to a sprite. Personally I think using tiled background's as obstacles or items is a bad idea as there are less checks and things you can do on a tiled background than you can do on a sprite.

The last action checks for a sprite overlapping a sprite and destroys the top one. That way 2 can't stack on top of each other. You can't do this sort of check on a tiled background.

[attachment=0:11tuxpkr][/attachment:11tuxpkr]

• Here's a fixed version.

I've changed the box from a tiled background to a sprite. Personally I think using tiled background's as obstacles or items is a bad idea as there are less checks and things you can do on a tiled background than you can do on a sprite.

The last action checks for a sprite overlapping a sprite and destroys the top one. That way 2 can't stack on top of each other. You can't do this sort of check on a tiled background.

[attachment=0:3ib7h0ys][/attachment:3ib7h0ys]

sorry for late reply! you just awesome! save my time to solve this!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)