Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:16 pm

i c, can you recommend any workarounds?
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:42 pm

Ashley wrote:
kaiko wrote:the bug seems to be: when using sprite->load image from url
in conjunction with an instance object, it is automatically loaded for all of theinstances of this object, not just the one you picked.

That is by design, because Sprites all share the same image sources to save memory. Closing.

is there a workaround for this? in order to write dynamic and flexible code, it is essential to set individual images to instances.
perhaps a setting in C2 with this feature on off.
as i'm writing a game menu that is populated by a list from a database i need the instances to be able to grow shrink based on the number of items in list, which works but as soon as i assign an unique image to the icon , all instances get the same image.obviously renders the menu useless ass all icons are the same but points to different games.
B
S

Post » Sat May 24, 2014 7:31 pm

+1 for this.

Lets say you design a social game with profile pictures, we definitely need this feature.
We can't share someone's profile picture across all friends.
Workaround was to pre-create individual sprites.
But, it only works when the number of friends is a fixed number for everyone.
Again, everyone has a different number of friends..

So, the design should be improved.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:06 am

exactly , even if i understand the need to save memory, there should be a way to override the save memory feature to make more dynamic content, your example with profile pics is an excellent example of why said function should work.
B
S

Previous

Return to Closed bugs