Load License Edition

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun May 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi guys, I want to buy the personal edition, just a question, is there any difference if i buy the steam version or through the website? cheers!

Post » Mon May 27, 2013 8:48 pm

I've heard that steam version would be bit more unstable. I don't know is that fixed. If it is, good. But I'm still gonna buy personal edition from website.

PS. I was just wondering, can you use the code you get if you buy from the website in steam. If you use "Activate game in Steam" -option.

Post » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:49 pm

I have the Steam version, and I have had some problems with it. First off, I made the mistake of launching the client without having Steam connected and it launched the free version. I was confused at first, but quickly realized that the client had to identify with the Steam servers to work properly.

When I then connected Steam, it still wasn't seeing the licensed version for some reason, so I had to uninstall Construct and reinstall it from Steam. That worked, but now capx files can't be launched by double-clicking them, and don't show up with the Construct icon, nor are they identified as being affiliated with any program. I can still open them, but I have to manually open them from the Construct client. I have tried affiliating Construct with the files manually, but it doesn't work. I even tried uninstalling again, including all the registry entries, and reinstalling.

Still no dice. :P

I should have just bought Construct from the website like a sensible person.

Return to How do I....?