LOAD/SAVE DOES NOT WORK

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

When the game uses the load method, loading a saved game with the save method does not work. an error message appears ??? with the latest stable version it worked perfectly, but since 253-254-255 it does not work correctly

In the equipment used, no software or hardware changes have been made

Therefore it is a topic related to the change of versions, not with the game.

Fail:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmhs7s8x6jm963g/Captura.JPG?dl=0

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1
    • Step 2
    • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result

when in the menu you choose the option load game, the error occurs.

Expected Result

When in the menu you choose the option load game, which is saved without any problem during the game ... The game should be loaded to the saved situation.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO) yes Operating System and Service Pack windows 10 pro ver 1709 64bit Construct 2 Version ID 255 but with 254 and 253 it also happens
  • EDIT: I know I need a capx but couldn't figure the upload out, I'm fairly sure my cause is the same as OP and he has capx.

I also had this bug.

Problem Description

Game crashed when character dies, only since r255 update. Javascript Error: Uncaught Assertion failed.

Please see the attached photo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhZzhY ... sp=sharing

EDIT 2 (CAPX):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nkOaXf ... sp=sharing

Observed Result

Javascript error when character dies

Expected Result

Load savegame

Affected Browsers

[YES] Chrome: (YES/NO) [YES] FireFox: (YES/NO) [YES] Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Home

Construct 2 Version ID

r255

• It is true, it seems the same fault, when invoking the load.

• Any update? It has been weeks, and this essential feature just does not work - shocking it hasn't been addressed really. Has this problem been abandoned, or should I just be more patient?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm thinking the same, I'm a bit disappointed, not with the tool is fabulous, but I think they are neglecting their users, they are not giving us reasons to continue.

At least one message of tranquility ...

• I receive these two errors with your CAPX.

• I think this is a bug with using Physics with savegames. It also came up in C3 and I think it's fixed there. We backported the fix to C2 so it should be fixed in the next beta (hopefully out this week).

• TheMink - Ah, sorry, I uploaded my test rather quickly, no wonder no one could examine the problem.

Ashley - Yes, I believe you are correct, at least in my case. It's a physics-related crash. I really look forward to this fix.

I will reply with another thanks if the next version does fix this issue, and if it doesn't I'll post a working CAPX. In the mean-time, I've been working on the scripting as best I can.

Thanks!

• Thanks for the reassuring response ... 😉

• This problem appears fixed in my version, Thanks Ashley

• Thanks for the solution, now everything is going correctly. Thasks Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)