Loading screen customize (mobile)

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:19 pm

Hello everyone!
I looked for some topic about this, but couldnt find it, so I'm writing this! If someone has already did that, please, let me know:

Since 'Loader Layouts' does not work in mobile apps, I did some modifications directly in the CSS file after I exported the project to cordova. Is that ok for Scirra? Because I understand the loading screen, with the small blue bar is kind of a mark of C2 apps/games!!

If there is no implications on doing this I can share what I did for everyone.

Tks,
Celoko
Last edited by celoko on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:59 pm

I am also interested in removing the bar and customize the loading screen, I am attentive to this thread.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:41 am

B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:32 pm

The truth is that on mobile devices I only see the loading bar when I start the application, then do not ever see but still, I would put a custom graphic and remove that bar.

As I have read in the tutorials, yes, you can remove that bar and replace it with a custom graphic.

Thanks for the info.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:26 am

B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:21 pm

These examples only works for web games, not in mobile games.
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:34 pm

I forgot to share what I did to change the color of loading-bar:

After you export your project, open file c2runtime.js and find for "DodgeBlue".
Change for a color that better suits your game. Mine was "GoldenRod", my logo is yellow.
Here is some color's name: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/nam ... uivalents/
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 am

@celoko Hello, I've been looking for a solution for setting up the custom loader screen for mobile apps. I have a game screen that to be displayed as a loading screen. It is working fine when I run it on a browser but the default loader screen comes up when run it on my mobile.

Is there a way to fix that? Please help.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:15 am

sudeep98 wrote:@celoko Hello, I've been looking for a solution for setting up the custom loader screen for mobile apps. I have a game screen that to be displayed as a loading screen. It is working fine when I run it on a browser but the default loader screen comes up when run it on my mobile.

Use this in the "properties" window:

Use loader layout = no
Loader style = Nothing (not recommended)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:56 am

The Mnk wrote:
sudeep98 wrote:@celoko Hello, I've been looking for a solution for setting up the custom loader screen for mobile apps. I have a game screen that to be displayed as a loading screen. It is working fine when I run it on a browser but the default loader screen comes up when run it on my mobile.

Use this in the "properties" window:

Use loader layout = no
Loader style = Nothing (not recommended)

Yes, I set it in that option already but the problem is it is taking longer time to go next screen. It takes around 5-10sec to load the whole game. The custom loader screen isn't working.
B
S

Next

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas