Loading Sprites Only When Needed

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • So, from what I understand, everything on a layout is loaded when the layout is. A project I'm considering would use semi-random levels and the way I was considering doing it was having one (or a few, one for every tile set) layouts that would dynamically configure themselves. Obviously I don't want a bunch of sprites loaded that aren't being used, so I was thinking of putting all these sprites in a separate layout and then instantiating them when needed.

Would this work how I think it will? Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It wont make a huge different whether you add them to the layout where you need them and just destroy them on start of layout or put them on another layout and load them from there.

I don't think you will get a lot from such approach besides maybe make things a bit more confusing and "annoying" for yourself since you would have to change layout or use the object list every time you would have to work with a relevant object for another layout.

But don't think there are anything wrong by doing it in regards to making things work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)