Local Browser Storage

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 11:47 am

What happens when the 4.5gb local storage runs out? I mean what will the user have to do. I suppose one can clear cache etc but you should then first upload to cloud and save or download the build before clearing I guess?

Just something to be aware of.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 12:36 pm

When you have the local browser save / open window open you can right click on a file to rename, delete or download a file. Same also works on the cloud dialog.

So that gives you a way to back up files elsewhere without having to open the projects, and clean up to get some extra space. I might add an option in the future to allow you to copy files directly to a different "service", it would make moving files between dropbox, local storage, google drive and onedrive a lot easier. Folders are also on the road map, but not at the top of the priority list.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Nepeo wrote:When you have the local browser save / open window open you can right click on a file to rename, delete or download a file. Same also works on the cloud dialog.

So that gives you a way to back up files elsewhere without having to open the projects, and clean up to get some extra space. I might add an option in the future to allow you to copy files directly to a different "service", it would make moving files between dropbox, local storage, google drive and onedrive a lot easier. Folders are also on the road map, but not at the top of the priority list.

Great stuff!
Thanks. The suggested additions will definitely make it a bit more user friendly.
B
S
G

Return to General Discussion