Local host not working in Firefox

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • Hi since updating to R213 I am unable on the game I was working on to open in Firefox and all i get is the message I have copied below.Does anyone have an answer because I saved in the new format i now cannot go backwards and reload R212, It works in my other games and works in other browsers.

Javascript error!

SyntaxError: let is a reserved identifier

http://localhost:50000/Audio_plugin.js, line 1946 (col 2)

This may be a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer following the bug report guidelines. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console.

Cheers Robbo128

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Robbo128

Hi since updating to R213 I am unable on the game I was working on to open in Firefox and all i get is the message I have copied below.Does anyone have an answer because I saved in the new format i now cannot go backwards and reload R212, It works in my other games and works in other browsers.

Firstly, to save over your work with a new beta release without first making a backup is unforgivable.

Having said that, it is easy to revert to a previous version by simply editing one file:

This will only work as long as you haven't made use of any new features after r212.2, obviously.

Summary:

1. Go to the project file. If it's a .caporj file, skip step 2.

2. If it's a capx, unzip it (capx are just zip files basically) using such as Winzip, 7 zip etc.

3. Now, open the caproj file in a plain text editor.

4. Look for the following string, minus quotes: "<saved-with-version>". It's only a few lines down from the top.

5. You'll see this tag has a 5 digit number; it's the c2 version padded with 2 zeros (so, r213 will look like 21300). Change the first digits to match version you want to revert to, i.e. 212.2 would be 21202.

6. Save

7. Double click .caproj to open within C2

• Thanks for your imput i would that the problem is a bug in the audio and when I add the audio to another short game Firefox crashes. So I will report it to the Construct team .Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)