Local Notifications (Plugins)

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • Local Notifications — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/local-notifications-3884

<h3>What you buy here?</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• TR_LocalNotification plugin for C2
    • Capx with implementation example
    • setup.txt file with setup steps for Cocoon and Phonegap (it's automated with Phonegap)

<h3>Compatibility</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Please note that this plugin was tested and works flawlessly with Phonegap (webview and Crosswalk) and with Cocoon.io Webview. </p><p>=!!!= It DOES NOT work with Canvas+ =!!!=</p><h3>What are local notifications?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>"The essential purpose of local notifications is to enable an application to inform its users that it has something for them ? for example, a message or an upcoming appointment ? when the application isn?t running in the foreground.</p><p>They are scheduled by an application and delivered on the same device."</p><p>For example you can notify user that the building is completed or a bonus is ready to be claimed.</p><h3>Features</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Schedule single and regular notifications,
    • React on incomming (even though the app was closed),
    • Ability to customize an icon for each notification,
    • Ability to customize device LED color (note that not every smartphone is compatible with LED color customization),
    • Update/cancel notifications,

<p> </p><h3>Installation</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>If you build with Cocoon then you need to add cordova plugin in the Cocoon panel. In the zip you buy here you will find the setup.txt file with explanations of how to do it. I also included screen (last screen shot) here which explain the process.</p><p>No extra actions needed if you use Phonegap, just add and use the plugin in C2.</p><h3>Warranty</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>I'm a full time programmer, in case of encountering any issues, please send me an email, I'll fix it ASAP.</p><h3>Want to be notified about updates?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Join my Discord server: discord.gg/cjEg45m%3C/p%3E

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Local Notifications

• This plugin support Codova CLI ?

• This plugin support Codova CLI ?

Hi, yes it works with Cordova CLI.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • May i just check...

1. This works both on iOS and Android?

2. App must be active but can be in background?

3. Notifications look like standard mobile push notification or can be customized?

thanks!

• May i just check...

1. This works both on iOS and Android?

2. App must be active but can be in background?

3. Notifications look like standard mobile push notification or can be customized?

thanks!

Hi irina,

ad1. It's based on katzer/cordova-plugin-local-notifications and supports the following

ad2. App does not have to be active, you can close the app completely, no need to keep it in the background,

ad3. You can customize the big icon as showed in example (screenshot) on store page

• Maybe a dumb question but... if i set notification in events on certain time or some other trigger... how does it get displayed if app is shutdown?

• Maybe a dumb question but... if i set notification in events on certain time or some other trigger... how does it get displayed if app is shutdown?

It will display same as on screenshot example. A notification will appear in the mobile taskbar. After clicking the notification, the app will run.

• Hello, I would like to know if the notifications work even though the game is not running. Is

say that the notifications are reproduced in the background?

• Hello, I would like to know if the notifications work even though the game is not running. Is

say that the notifications are reproduced in the background?

Hello, yes the notification pops up in the mobile status bar even when the app is closed (no need to keep it running in the background).

• Hi,

I am looking to create an app that will push local notifications to the user at set repeating intervals with some random information.

E.g. The user wants the app to send them a notification every 90 mins, is it possible for this to be done with your app, i.e. when the user dismisses the notification a new notification is scheduled for 90 mins later, which will show another different piece of information.

From your screenshots I can see you have a 'send regular' function - can I assume that will repeat the notification at set interval?

If so, does the app need to be open for the plugin to be able to extract data randomly from an array and display it, or can this be done with the app closed?

Regards

Hassan

• Any chance of seeing this ported over to C3? I'm looking for something exactly like this and am willing to pay for it.

• +1

Yes, I'm with FatesjokeStudios on this - coincidently was just searching the store for exactly this add on for C3...

• Hello. One question. Where is it? Cannot find it. The link redirected to here: https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins

What to do?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)