Lock Screen for Boss Battle

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm

So I am developing this 2D platformer and I have big layouts that scroll and zoom and all that. SO that works fine.

Now here is the thing: I want to lock the screen so that it does not move in a boss battle, to confine the boss fight to one single screen. But I don't want to create a new layout for that, i want to lock the screen to a certain position in the new layout.

Is there a simple action for that or is there a special way to do this?
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Personnaly, I will:

-deactivate scrolling with the character (don't know if possible with ScrollTo Behaviour)
-then scroll to the exact position I want
-and finnaly make wall appear at the borders of the screen (just outside the screen), so the can't get out.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:40 pm

I made a separate camera object that follows the player.
If you did that, it would just be a matter of changing what the camera follows. You can just set the camera to a position in the center of the room.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:45 am

both good ideas, i will try that out :) thank you and sorry for the long reply time I had a helluva week :)

edit:
i tested what I could. There seems to be no way to change the scroll steup BUT the seperate camera object idea works incredibly well and even does more than I incidentally planned on doing, so thanks a lot for this idea it is very much appreciated :)EzekielRage2013-09-22 15:58:04
B
S

Return to How do I....?