Locking orientation and signed APKs on crosswalk

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been working on a project for a few weeks with the intention of releasing it for android with the CocoonJS wrapper, but I hit a brick wall with it and after not being able to find a solution (I'm sure you'll be able to find my previous posts around here) I've decided to give up and try using crosswalk. I would just like to know if there is a way to test out my apps without streaming them over wifi? I would like to see how the game would work as an APK.

When a project is compiled on CocoonJS, you are supplied with both a signed and unsigned APK and I used the former to test the game on my device (that is also how I discovered my unfixable problem), does Crosswalk feature a similar function? Also while previewing my game over WiFi I noticed that the game's orientation wasn't locked. My game is designed for landscape screens, is there any way to achieve this on Crosswalk? Finally I noticed that there was a status bar at the top of the screen that interfered with the game's UI. Is there any way to get rid of that?

Thanks guys
Last edited by dmakinde on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:04 pm

is there a reson you need to use a unsigned APK?

to make crosswalk stay in landscape in C2 at the browser object and there is a action to lock orientation just put it on a start of layout event

in the XDK in the crosswalk setting you have to set hide status bar
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 pm

my mistake, I meant a signed APK rather than unsigned!
B

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:59 pm

ok yeah by default the XDK signs your APKs but you can set it not to
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?