Logic vs Creativity

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:02 pm

@Katala I get where you are coming from. I believe in during complicated solutions a person has to employ a sort of creativity to solving an issue.

Let's say, for example, we both have to move a gallon of water from a stream to 20 feet away up hill to our kitchen sink. We have no tools available besides a few pieces of 2x4 boards, a bucket, 10 feet worth of gutter, a roll of electrical tape, and a tea cup. You have to move the water as quickly as possible. How would you do it?

I'm sure both of us might come up with different solutions. It's no different in the way we create our solutions for our games. Extremely simple problems will often have the same solutions, such as depleting health from an enemy. Creating a path finding solution or randomly generating a level will vary massively.

With that said, the process you describe isn't abnormal. I think we all go through a process where we create a solution, review, tweak it, and fix it. It's part of the creative and problem solving process. Frankly, I've found it's often the quickest and best way to solve problems.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:23 am

For me, loss of creativity is a bigger problem.
I somehow try to figure it if its about logİc, i ask for help and learn other peoples opinion.
But when it comes to creativity im just stuck and find myself in a bigger problem
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas