Logo needs to be linear but my game needs to be point

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:52 am

Hello, im having a slightly problem here, my logo looks all pixelated and bad looking in-game (the logo is pretty simple, it's all pixelated except the font), my game however its all pixel, i know there is no way that i can put an specific sampling to an object but i was wondering if there is an plug-in that might help me do that, if not then tell me a few tips or things that i need to do so my logo (the font on the logo) doesn't look bad in-game.

In the attachment there's an example that display the problem that im having.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 am

Simple solution: Make your logo twice the size in width and height (total of x4 in size), and resize it smaller to the desired width/height for the game, within Construct 2.

As you'll see, your logo will look beautiful even with point sampling. If you need it to be even smoother, just double the size again.
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:28 am

jakobdam wrote:Simple solution: Make your logo twice the size in width and height (total of x4 in size), and resize it smaller to the desired width/height for the game, within Construct 2.

As you'll see, your logo will look beautiful even with point sampling. If you need it to be even smoother, just double the size again.

Tried it right now and still the same thing.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:52 am

Message: jakobdam can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
What... that's weird - when I try it, the result is that the browser scales WITH antialiasing (if the browser supports it, which all HTML 5 capable browsers does)...

Fx. look at the big gold coin in my wip pet project here:
http://www.jakobdam.dk/0-GAME-DEV/moneyForger-v1-r1/

The game size is 1136x640 - when I run it in 1920x1080 and upwards on large 27" monitors, the coin still looks sharp and sleek. All the sprites are x4 size and then sized down after importing.

The sprite fonts, however, misbehaves a little - but I assume your logo is not made with a sprite font.

And yeah, this is an early development snippet of a clone of the well-known game Cookie Clicker. ^_^
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:03 pm

jakobdam wrote:The sprite fonts, however, misbehaves a little - but I assume your logo is not made with a sprite font.

Yeah it's an .png image, currently i don't have sprite font.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Tried different things but nothing, can someone help?
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?