logo/name concept - thoughts?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:41 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":1wrq0trq]Basic idea... I rushed it a bit because I'm supposed to be helping my wife with something lol, but this was my general idea.

24bit PNG with alpha

~Sol[/quote:1wrq0trq]
i dig it. i'll be experimenting more later :)

thanks again everyone for the feedback
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:13 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":2tz6tupt]

[/quote:2tz6tupt]

SoldjahBoy's version looks a bit similar with the Grand Theft Auto-logo.

I like both SoldjahBoy's version and the original.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:33 pm

Yeah I rushed that like crazy.... it's not even, and the round corners aren't round... plus everyone uses Photoshop differently to do different stuff (I know it sounds weird, but like anything else there is more than one way to skin a cat), and he Photoshops way different to me... which made it kinda interesting to modify the existing graphics.

Overall I think the original is great, but being completely square/rectangular makes it look a little boring IMO. Doing the pop-out and cut-out techniques makes it look a little more dynamic... you may even get away with only using one or the other. I would recommend trying to make just the black triangle shape stick out past the edges of the red background, and leave the red background looking more like the original square shape.

It's a great name and logo design in general, it won't take much to polish it up. :D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:58 pm

yeah i also posted it in a forum for graphic/logotype designers at my school and got some great technical feedback -- school's got me busy the next week or so but after that i plan on experimenting with the feedback i've gotten from them and you guys -- it's all been very helpful and i think i can make it into a pretty legitimately designed logotype :D
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic