looking for a CSS team to change the entire UI

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Old school pixels for your UI! Over 800 assets for all you needs!
  • hi guys, since i saw the Construct 3 UI i didnt like it, i was expecting something more like an adobe ui, like a "professional" software look, so thats why i will try to change all icons and colors of the new Construct 3 ui, but i will need someone experienced in CSS to do some twitches and changes that can improve the use of the tool, i am a UI artist so im used to do this kind of stuff, the final result will be sold in the scirra store and thats why im looking for someone that can do the CSS part, we can split the revenue in 50% with no problem.

anyone interested in joining me?

• Nice idea, Dark theme would be nice

• I am in , if there is still a free seat , I am already having plans to resume working on plugins for C3

• I am in , if there is still a free seat , I am already having plans to resume working on plugins for C3

will pm you!

• Our designer hasn't got his hands on the UI yet, we'll be doing an updated theme and a few alternate themes (including a dark one) when we get round to it, hopefully during the public beta.

• (including a dark one)

Thank you very much!

• Our designer hasn't got his hands on the UI yet, we'll be doing an updated theme and a few alternate themes (including a dark one) when we get round to it, hopefully during the public beta.

that is amazing! but what im looking for with this project is to modify the workplace of C3 rather than just a color change, since i dont really like how stuff is placed in C2

• CSS will only allow cosmetic changes, probably not any significant layout changes. What kind of layout changes do you want? You know you can drag around the bars everywhere and put them where you want?

• CSS will only allow cosmetic changes, probably not any significant layout changes. What kind of layout changes do you want? You know you can drag around the bars everywhere and put them where you want?

stuff like "project properties" is really hidden in the properties bar and can only be seen when clicking the layout, its really really hidden for new users and i remember struggling just to change the window size when i started using construct2, there are so many badplaced things too that i cant remember atm but project properties is one of them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's linked to in layout properties so you can generally easily access it from a layout view. However we could always try to make it more visible. Where else do you think it could be exposed?

BTW this is a good example of something that a CSS theme cannot change - it needs logic added to the application itself.

• It's linked to in layout properties so you can generally easily access it from a layout view. However we could always try to make it more visible. Where else do you think it could be exposed?

BTW this is a good example of something that a CSS theme cannot change - it needs logic added to the application itself.

i think the entire structure of the c3 interface should be really different from c2 and thats why just "moving" that option to another panel wouldnt solve the problem, it needs a new ui structure, things like not being able to work with multiple monitors or that event sheets takes horizontal space instead of vertical like real code and the shape of the events are really huge and take a lot of space, look to any adobe software or apple and compare it to construct interface and you can see its pretty old.

yeah we can drag all the boxes to any side of the screen like in Construct2 but they will be Incomfortable to use, try to snapping ANY box to the top or down sides of the UI, they will look like they dont belong there.

i asked about changing the ui before for C3 and thom said that with the CSS we could do more than just a color change of the themes :/

• It's hard to know what to do about it without any specific suggestions. Could you show some mock-ups to demonstrate what you think a better alternative would be?

We've had other people comment that they like the simplicity of the interface, BTW.

• Well from the first look screen shots it looked like there were no lines connecting events, and sub events as we have in C2.

That's a useful feature especially when dealing with else, and moving events around.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)