Loot chests all opening instead of just the one clicked

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Perfect, complete, easy to use to use, out-of-the-box inventory system
  • So i've put loot chests into my game and when clicked you get a box pop up and get random loot then the chest changes to an empty un-clickable chest

The problem i have is when i click on one and it turns empty all the others turn empty too as i am using the same sprite for each chest,

Is there a way to fix this or do i have to make every chest a different sprite and copy all the loot events to the new chest sprites?

Hope that makes sense

• This sounds like a simple picking problem..

You aren't just picking the one chest in your events so the actions are performed on all..

If you could give a screenshot of the relevant events on your event sheet or share your capx it would be much easier to explain how to get it right..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • its probably not the most ideal way of doing it, but all i could come up with

• This sounds like a simple picking problem..

You aren't just picking the one chest in your events so the actions are performed on all..

If you could give a screenshot of the relevant events on your event sheet or share your capx it would be much easier to explain how to get it right..

nice one, you answered my question in this haha

i played around with the pick instances and got it working with pick overlapping point, mouse.x , mouse.y

Thanks alot

• I've come across this helping someone else.

You would have to start with the Chest object instead of the mouse object. That way each chest executes its own code, instead of one mouse click executes all chests code.

Chest is overlapping mouse

--left mouse button clicked

----(execute code)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)