LOS blocked by object checked for LOS? What?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:09 pm

and if the 'front' is set to solid ---> the event doesn't trigger. Seriously?
How do I fix this, this was supposed to be a vital mechanic (to be able to see walls, which are solids)
(or am I just doing it wrong?)
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm

HellMax wrote:Image
and if the 'front' is set to solid ---> the event doesn't trigger. Seriously?
How do I fix this, this was supposed to be a vital mechanic (to be able to see walls, which are solids)
(or am I just doing it wrong?)

is not very clear what you trying to do

1-if you set the Line of sight settings (obstacles) to "solid" and you made the (Front object "solid") too then nothing will happen because you blocking the line of sight

2- Even if you remove the solid behavior from the (front object) and it works then the "Roof object" unless you have in a container you will destroy all the Roof objects
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:25 pm

roof object is just as a check; it has nothing to do with "front"

Basically, I am checking whether my Sprite has a LOS to "front", but if "front" is solid then it's not visible to my Sprite. Its like saying I can't see my computer because its not transparent.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Well, then just stick another sprite ( hide it under solids/walls layer ) which is not solid and check if your see that. That way you have solid walls and you can see them ( may have to have the visible sprite stick out a few pixels )
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:41 pm

BadMario wrote:Well, then just stick another sprite ( hide it under solids/walls layer ) which is not solid and check if your see that. That way you have solid walls and you can see them ( may have to have the visible sprite stick out a few pixels )

Thats a very good workaround, yet it's very strange how it's coded that way :/
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General