(Lost Head Studio.) The Adventures Of Froghead.

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:31 am

Hey all,

Ive been a bit quiet lately but The Adventures Of Froghead is finally complete! If anyone wants to see how it turned out then you can check it out at:

http://www.marketjs.com/game/TheAdventuresOfFroghead

Cheers!

GenkiGenga2012-08-15 05:43:18
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Hehe some nice and fun ideas on your game!
I really love the idea of the character and the mental power !

The graphics are sometimes kitsch, but's that's cool.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks mate :) I appreciate it.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:54 pm

For the graphics, you use Bevel & Emboss (as well as defaults for a lot of blending options like the drop shadow and stroke) on all of text and some gears etc. in the menus, its ugly..

The in-game graphics appeals to me because of its odd, strange feel, like a mix of kiddish and freaky at the same time.

The interfaces and tween effects on the menus feel 'finished' and professional. I really like your attention to detail!

The game's concept is fresh and strong, I mean a frog costume wearing kitty with psychic powers. That's a first (and probably last) for me!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks Rory, ha yeah it was a very random idea to run with! I wanted to do something a little different.

I'll take into account your advice re the Bevel and Emboss for future games. Cheers.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Nice, I was wondering if you were still working on this. It's a fun game. The music is great. I like the unpredictable nature of the first boss fight. As he keeps inching towards you and don't know if he'll charge or throw something. Good tension. He didn't have a health bar in the beta. That's certainly an improvement. As is the in-game tutorial.

I got up as far as the second boss. Couple of minor issues: look what happens when you click repeatedly on the menu button and I noticed a couple of your/you're typos in the bosses speech.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 am

Thanks @Ramones!

Yeah after the great feedback with the beta I had a small break from it then buckled down. I had a lot of fun making that first boss battle, Im really glad you enjoyed the final product. :)

Thats the furthest that anyone has gotten so far (that I know of). The second boss is actually the final one for the game. If it has much success I might do a sequel.

Nice spotting, I see what you mean with the menu, your right I cant leave it that way. Punctuation has also never been my strong point, thank you for that as well! (That and spelling :) lol).GenkiGenga2012-08-22 09:44:48
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations