Lost Soul [Web][Android][Free][Demo]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:27 am

Rhindon wrote:Are you still up for submitting a maze design of your own...
- if you like (size, number?)

Rhindon wrote: - textures and all? :)
- need textures? (search google for "free toon wall textures") ;)
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 am

@mercuryus - Virtually any size and number that you care to create. And feel free to get creative with the design (ie: teleporters, sub-sections of the maze). And good idea about textures. :)
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:59 am

OK, I will create a complex maze for you with all your needs.
But I want to play your game as soon as possible :o :)

[...hours later...]

and here it is - yout brandnew maze:
(seperated in 5x5 squares per 10x10 cells, 1 startpoint and 9 pair of teleporter (hope you like it):
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3685/59inr7ve_jpg.htm
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Just reading your comment...WOW! I'm honored that you would go through all the work! ... *click* WHOA! :D Now I'm in awe. I like it a lot. I'll get to work on adding it to the capx and hopefully will have it ready for beta test this weekend.

AND THANK YOU!

Also, I've saved the image with your Scirra name... Would you like me to use your real name or is your nickname here okay. I ask because I'm going to make sure that everyone who contributes is readily credited. If you want to provide a link to your own games or a Facebook page, etc, feel free to share that, too, because I can add that right on the HUD layer of your maze in a corner of the screen. This way you get some recognition and traffic to your efforts.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Okay, so I'm reviewing your maze and I have some questions.
1. I'm not seeing a finish/goal. Is that intentional or did you simply forget to put on in?
2. The maze is obviously interconnected throughout - what was your mindset for leaving a largely open-ended area? It's different - all good! :)
3. I'm guessing that the "finish" is to make your way through each teleporter in order? Or just to make it through each teleporter at least once? IF SO, I definitely like that idea and I can make it happen.

Thanks again, @mercuryus!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:54 am

Hello @Rhindon,

i'm happy you like the maze.
to your questions:
please use "mercuryus(@gameus.de)" to sign the maze in your game.
I did not place an exit to the maze because i actually don't know if you will add some quests or just leave it "as is".
It could become bored if the player just have to find the exit (therefore it is far too large, i think). But if so place the exit in the upper right sector please.
The teleporter are not ordered to use it this way but numbered to build pairs (in/out).

maybe you implement the maze and we take a look in the look & feel of the result.
Maybe we can enhance the gameplay with some ideas...? :roll:
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Good morning! :)
Will do for your name when giving you credit for your maze. :) Not a problem.

Initially, I only plan to have the purpose of the game to be getting through the maze as quickly as possible - with the added challenge of not being able to SEE the maze except for your immediate vicinity. I do plan to add at least one item - a gift box (something my girlfriend "demands" be in my games lol) - which may offer some kind of momentary advantage - like the lights all come on BRIEFLY. I haven't yet thought too much about what kind of items might be found in the game. For now, it's mostly going to be an "as is". But I do see that simply going through the maze can lose replay value quickly...

I finished testing a layout to include circle mazes using the maze generator you showed me. I'll have to create special maze pieces for such arenas as both the character icon AND a second layer will be moving interactively (the layer rotates the maze pieces while the character icon moves up and down only). THIS kind of maze will take some fine-tuning regarding the controls for both PC and mobile.

I'll get your maze added tonight and I'll upload the capx for you to test by this weekend if all goes well. I look forward to some brainstorming ideas! :) I hope to do more with this game, but for my personal growth as a designer/programmer, I need to be very careful I don't add too much too soon lest I lose my focus and don't even FINISH the game.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:25 am

liked the maze and the glowingness of it :)
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks, @scragglybear! :D Hopefully the additional touches I've added will make it stand out even better. ... Updates to come.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 am

*BUMP* New updates! And a photo! LOL (I hear those are helpful.)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests