Lots of Memory

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • Friends, I'm with a doubt here ...

My project has only one level, little sound and you're using around 480Mb of RAM, is this normal?

I have downloaded several examples of games here in the forum and none of them use so much memory ...

Soon, I'll post a picture of the task manager ...

my computer only has 2 gb of RAM, and if my project continue to pull as much memory so I will not even get it a try soon ...

Answer me please ...

• Well I think it really comes down to how much individual unique artwork instances you're using. Are you reusing anything at all (instancing) or are you using loads upon loads of large images to create the world layout?

Also what does the debugger say about VRAM?

• my layout has more than 80 objects and they are all in high resolution (up to 1000 by 1000 pixels), but for me it was nothing more ...

• 80 unique objects at 1000x1000?

if so that's your problem, if it's 80 instances of only 1 or 2 objects something else maybe

• 6Mb per sprite/image on average using PNG for transparency options seems about right with 480Mb as well...

• objects are 90% original and copies are 10% ... All objects are in high resolution (maximum 1920x1300.pixels) ... Today I will reduce the resolution and relocates them in the layout, will be around 300x300 maximum ...

I hope this solves ...

Thank you all for your support.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you're going to make them 300x300, you might as well use 512x512, because an image less than 512x512 but higher than 256x256 will take up 512x512 of memory (power of 2). It's a graphics card thing. Recent graphics cards don't need textures to be square though (so a texture can be 256x512).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)