Low FPS, Converting to another program

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:47 am

Usman Haq wrote:Hm... How big are your images? Remember that what looks good on a big screen, really isn't gonna make a difference on a small screen.

the canvas is only 720p. nothing that big. every small items are cloned from 1 sprites.

after this done im gonna make smaller screen version based on this one.
B

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:06 am

Performance is poor on Android, due to the JS engine of Chromium being pretty slow compared to Safari. Apple's Nitro JIT is insane fast.

For mobiles, avoid using any of the C2 shader effects, ie. don't add effects to your sprites. It's extra slow on mobile.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:46 am

It runs just fine in Chrome on a Moto X (2nd gen) here. The most common cause of performance issues is the browser turning off hardware acceleration due to buggy graphics drivers. You can check for this in chrome://gpu in Google Chrome. If this is the case, it's not Construct 2's fault for being slow, it's the graphics vendor's fault for writing unreliable drivers that crash browsers forcing them to disable it :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:27 pm

you are still new to C2 bro bet if you post the capx file here we optimize it to run 55 - 60 fps
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Are you using very large size images?
Most large ones work well on Desktop for obvious reasons but not so much on mobile devices.

Also do you have a lot of stuff going on in your "Every X Seconds" or any loops?
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:13 pm

@dinotoradan, you may want to consider sharing a Capx OR how your events may look, the size of your images.

But I guess I'm really starting to sound desperate now and everyone else is trying to help as well. Good luck with your game, and the next program you choose.
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:29 pm

diontoradan wrote:@illfstudio : i was going to try unity + playmaker, but i really liked what i've made, maybe this is the starting point to start to learn real programming, so i want to know what the most suitable for this kinda app. i'm thinking delphi cuz FLstudio was build on it.

but if unity 2d is enough i think i will try unity

Chances are it's not the images that are causing any slowdown - there's nothing complex going on in that area of the project - but the number of audio clips you're playing back combined with C2 not having any way to sync sounds to a reliably steady clock on mobile, and android in general seems to have issues with a lot of sounds playing at once.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:04 am

i've another test, dumbed down the rendering, turn off high dpi, and it went 55-60 fps. i think for now i will publish this as a desktop app. and restart the mobile version from scratch, use less layer, simpified the graphics (no transparency) . in flash is as easy as using vector graphics and it will scale perfectly in any resolution with lesser fps toll.

its not about the sounds playing at once, no problem togling all the sound, it still getting 30ish fps.

on high dpi mode and fullscreen, it went 30ish on idle and 10 fps when played. so this is definitely a scaling issue.

another question, can i place all the menu / options in another layout, but the music still playing in layout 1?
B

Post » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:17 pm

diontoradan wrote:another question, can i place all the menu / options in another layout, but the music still playing in layout 1?

If you're asking that will the music played on a layout will continue playing after moving to another layout, then yes.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General