Lower resolution vs enlarged images?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:55 pm

@Ashley ah my bad, thanks for the clarification.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:32 pm

@DrewMelton - Set your HUD items to viewport locations via events to ensure they are always onscreen while using scale-inner. A little extra work for a lot of extra reliability.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:02 pm

[QUOTE=thehen]
Fortunately I found out that you could just batch resize images in the project directory to a higher resolution (using nearest neighbour image interpolation in Photoshop), and all assets (except spritefonts and tiled backgrounds if you use them) retained their stage size, and I was able to disable point sampling for a comparably crisp effect.[/QUOTE]

I've never been able to resize images in Photoshop CS5 without at least some pixel shift. No combination of settings seemed to work. Things would always be a little bit 'off'.

Now, resizing in C2 works just fine though. All pixels retain their exact positions.

[QUOTE=Tobye] @DrewMelton - Set your HUD items to viewport locations via events to ensure they are always onscreen while using scale-inner. A little extra work for a lot of extra reliability.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I have no idea how to do that, but hopefully I can find a tutorial somewhere. I'm still new to C2.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General