Lower Window Size decreases performance.

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hi

This is rather confusing for me. I'll admit I still don't have my head around the relation between window size and performance but can someone please explain why the below is happening.

So I started out my project with a window size of 1920,1080 and after putting in sprites and events and previewing I get a image memory usage of around 19mb and stable 60fps and 20%cpu

Later I played around a lowered my window size to 1280,720. And to my surprise this increased image memory to around 22mb and my fps fell to a stable 58 and cpu increased to 26-28%

So I played around more and halved the 1080p resolution to 960,540 window size. This lowered the image memory to 16mb and cpu fell back to around 21%.

Lastly I set the window size to my system's resolution which is 1366,760. And this totally obliterated my fps and cpu usage. Image memory increased to 25mb and fps fell to 54% and cpu increased to near 30%

I don't understand why this flip flop in performance occurs for different window size. Can anyone explain this please. I'm using scale outer and fullscreen scaling is at low quality.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)