Ludei CocoonJS v2.0.1 EPIC FAIL

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:48 am

Ads with admob and mopub aren't handled correctly, and may not appear. If more ad networks are configured in mopub, those will be served.

Samsung Galaxy Tab devices crash due to SIGILL. We have already found the issue related to V8 and this specific hardware/processor and are working hard to try to solve it asap.


http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/artic ... nJS-v2-0-1

where were their beta testers? :)
B
18
S
7
G
1
Posts: 783
Reputation: 4,237

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:49 am

Yup, I posted this on their HTML5 blog: http://blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-and-cons ... 4-edition/

"Figured out why it was crashing on a lot Samsung devices, it’s due to SIGILL (missed it in the release notes for v2.0.1), as I’ve recently switched to the new compiler version. Was using 1.4.7 before.

LUDEI, you guys need to halt 2.0.1 as an option in your compiler, it doesn’t just crash on Samsung Tab (which is the bulk of the Android market) but also other Samsung phones with the same CPU, such as S2/S3 and even Note.

Make it clearer in the release note when the bug is THAT significant or heck, don’t release it. "

It's my fault for not reading their entire release notes, I tested 2.0.1 on my own devices (S4 and other brands) and it was fine, so I launched my Star Nomad game on Android.. and then get user crash reports coming in for S2 and S3. S2 i can understand its old but S3? Come on man that thing is still very powerful. Not only that, but the same Samsung CPU/GPU combo is used on their Tablets & Phones and lots of variation in models. There is a LOT of samsung stuff out there, for such a fatal bug to happen and released...

ps. Does anyone have a Samsung S3? I cannot access one right now for testing, but I have updated my game with 1.4.7 I want to know if its still crashing.. is so its probably something on their cloud compiler end and not just 2.0.1.

Start Nomad on Google Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... omad&hl=en
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:26 am

@Silverforce, I have a GS3. Just downloaded your game and tried to run it. After the Ludei splash screen, it crashes out completely and gives me the error "Unfortunately, Star Nomad has stopped."

EDIT: Tried to run it again and now it just hangs at the splash screen. After a while (about 30 seconds), it boots me out with not even an error message.
B
57
S
15
G
11
Posts: 912
Reputation: 12,606

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:33 am

It is very strange because my older compiled game Firewall ( @GeometriX can you try that too please? Thank you so much ) using 1.4.7 awhile ago never crashed on S2/S3. But now that I recompiled it, again, using 1.4.7 I hope its not crashing. If it is, then its definitely a cloud compiler issue that isn't restricted to 2.0.1.
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 am

Silverforce wrote:It is very strange because my older compiled game Firewall ( @GeometriX can you try that too please? Thank you so much ) using 1.4.7 awhile ago never crashed on S2/S3. But now that I recompiled it, again, using 1.4.7 I hope its not crashing. If it is, then its definitely a cloud compiler issue that isn't restricted to 2.0.1.

Firewall is working fine. Must be the cloud compiler :/
B
57
S
15
G
11
Posts: 912
Reputation: 12,606

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:40 pm

GeometriX wrote:
Silverforce wrote:It is very strange because my older compiled game Firewall ( @GeometriX can you try that too please? Thank you so much ) using 1.4.7 awhile ago never crashed on S2/S3. But now that I recompiled it, again, using 1.4.7 I hope its not crashing. If it is, then its definitely a cloud compiler issue that isn't restricted to 2.0.1.

Firewall is working fine. Must be the cloud compiler :/


So stumped don't get it.. Firewall was updated today, compiled on 1.4.7 and you say it works fine. Star Nomad is also on 1.4.7 now and crashes.

The crash report from users have this as the cause: libCocoonJSLib.so <- thats their CJS library. The crash isn't related to memory so its not a case of loading too much into vram.
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:03 am

CocoonJS suck...better have a slower performance that works on every device then a 60FPS game that receive 1 star from 90% of users. I moved to Unity...Bye bye C2
B
79
S
21
G
23
Posts: 513
Reputation: 18,648

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 am

Cipriux wrote:CocoonJS suck...better have a slower performance that works on every device then a 60FPS game that receive 1 star from 90% of users. I moved to Unity...Bye bye C2


You are in for a shock when you realize that crashes and incompatibilities happen for all game engine (yes, Unity crashes too) and in particular for Android. There's over 6,300 unique devices a lot with customized firmware and Android OS.

Even top game studios with billions of $$ have lots of devices that crash on their games.
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:11 am

Cipriux wrote:CocoonJS suck...better have a slower performance that works on every device then a 60FPS game that receive 1 star from 90% of users. I moved to Unity...Bye bye C2

I think about it too... because i wait 2 years for normal android export and monetization, but i think now, there is no hope :( Only Crosswalk works, but monetization is not possible, because they have problems with web page opening and exit bugs...
B
25
S
4
G
2
Posts: 318
Reputation: 2,501

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:23 am

I still think C2 is an awesome tool, but without monetization options it's just a quick testing platform. Crosswalk is promising in the future for Android, Ejecta I heard is doing ok...but is too much trial and error to make a final "product" working
B
79
S
21
G
23
Posts: 513
Reputation: 18,648


Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tumira and 5 guests