Ludum Dare 29 (Theme:Beneath the Surface)

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:52 am

Final round votes are on.
Some interesting themes, some less.

What is the theme you're fancying the most ?
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:15 am

Kyatric wrote:What is the theme you're fancying the most ?

My Top three are...
You are the world
or
You are your own enemy
or
Everything connected
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:23 am

Excal wrote:With Ludum Dare 29 coming up, I started to think about my skillset and the tools I know how to use and Construct 2 came to mind.

I do this as well. Every Ludum Dare, I consider using Gamemaker or a Haxe library. Since my goal in these events is to make the best possible game in the 48 hours, I always end up using C2. It allows me to prototype and develop ideas at a faster rate.

Thijsku wrote:Are more people planning on using the multiplayer feature of Construct 2?

I'm most likely not. Multiplayer is a slippery slope with Ludum Dare games. I've found most multiplayer games aren't rated fairly since the game can only be fully experienced if multiple people are playing concurrently. That may not matter if you're goal is solely to make an awesome game. If your goal is to do well in the competition, you may want to reconsider using multiplayer unless you plan on being logged into your game a majority of the time (which I've seen people do).

There are quite a few I like, but I think my favorite is "Two Worlds".
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 am

All seem to be promising. Looking forward to see some games :)

@dutoit
Funny avatar, Bud. Hard to speak to a spider now and not to a Baby anymore. ;-) Need to get used to that.
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 am

Well considering it is for a solo 48 hour competition I guess it has to be "Isolation", "Time does not exist" and , of course,"It's NOT supposed to do That!". :)

Good luck to all.
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:42 am

Beaverlicious wrote:All seem to be promising. Looking forward to see some games :)

@dutoit
Funny avatar, Bud. Hard to speak to a spider now and not to a Baby anymore. ;-) Need to get used to that.

Yip, ran into some issues with fellow member(s) and scirra not banning trolls from months back. Not a place to show my babies face anymore.
I am also taking time out/back seat from helping out, will still help, but drastically less.
Anyways, I needed a image quick - I'll put a new one, better one at some time :)

Edit: added new one :)
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 am

@dutoit

Well that will be sad to hear for all the rookies out there, as i think you are one of most active helpers out there. But I can understand it. I also noticed that there are some ... let´s say not well-adjusted people here on the board and of course lots of "i want money but don´t do anything for it"- people ;-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 am

In for the 9th time, all using Construct ^^
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:53 am

Hi everyone, I'm in again for Ludum Dare and using C2, really looking forward to it!

I found it helps to have a thread here on the forum, definitely post your game here. It helps develop a nice little C2 sub-community within Ludum Dare, and it means you should get a few votes and comments even if you don't have time to get your game onto the front page. Having said that, if this is your first LD then do try and rate as many games as possible, and leave a constructive comment.

Also, I have created some public Spotify playlists for this Ludum Dare. I have made them collaborative, so if anybody wants to add anything then go for it.
Standard Playlist Link
Quieter Playlist Link
Instrumental Playlist. Link

I think Beneath the Surface and We Must Go Deeper are my favourites. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by SecondDimension on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Break the rules is what I hope for. We're just some hours away!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas