Ludum Dare 30 (Theme: Connected Worlds)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
30 high-quality 2D monsters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • Ludum Dare 30 (August 22nd - 25th)

Ludum Dare is an accelerated game development event held every 4 months. Thousands of developers create games for two concurrent competitions taking place over 1 weekend. Full competition rules can be viewed on Ludum Dare's webstite, but here's a summary:

Compo
    • 48 hours long
    • You must work alone
    • You must use the competition theme
    • All game content must be created within the 48 hours, with a few exceptions (see full rules)
    • Publicly available libraries and middleware (e.g. Construct 2) are allowed
    • Source Code must be included when submitting
      Jam
    • 72 hours long
    • Work alone or in teams
    • All creation tools are allowed

At the end of the weekend, entrants rate each other's games for 3 weeks. Winners are announced at the end of the rating period. Here are a few things you may find useful/interesting:

Previous Ludum Dare (LD29) info:

Ludum Dare Survival Guide

- Great tips, especially if this is your first Ludum Dare.

Tools

- A nice collection of popular tools used by many Ludum Dare participants.

Ludum Deals

- Software discounts and offers specifically for Ludum Dare 30.

Rules and Guide Re-written for Maximum Clarity

- The official rules can be ambiguous at times. This post does a great job clarifying things.

On a personal note, I've found these competitions to be a great experience. Testing my game creation abilities, under tight conditions, with a strict deadline, is a wild ride. Making it to the end, and submitting a game provides a great sense of accomplishment. Also, the LD community is one of the friendliest I've seen. I hope to see many of you participate.

• I'm in for the next Ludum Dare. Actually, I can't wait. I'm surprised I'm on that list. That's so cool!

• I might give this a shot...gotta check the schedule

• Theme voting has begun.

• I'm gonna do it

This will be my first game jam

I am excited

(Haiku'd!)

• Sadly it falls right in the middle of my uni work for me, so I won't manage to join in on this one, but I should have plenty of free time for LD31 in December! Good luck to everyone planning to take part, and have fun!

• Final round voting started.

• My very special "I'm In" video:

Good luck to everyone!

• zatyka haha! love it!

Good luck!

• Hi there, are you as excited as me?

• zatyka: Funny vid

Your Luigi death stare is fierce ^^

• Prediction : Connected Worlds?

I wish for : Break the rules.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • zatyka - Nice work on the video!!

OK, pre-jam check-list completed. Family - pre-warned, coffee - stocked up, chips n dips - too many for one person to reasonably consume in a week, spare mouse battery - check....

I'm hoping for Connected Worlds. I have no idea what I will do if it comes up, though!!

Good luck to everyone!

• Just about finished my last tutorial in time so I'm looking forward to my first LD48.

Have fun all!

• This I will be my second Ludum Dare, I am very excited about it. I am expecting to learn a lot of new skills and have fun doing it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)