Ludum Dare Comp.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 pm

I managed to make a game for the compo -
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-21/?action=preview&uid=4591

It's pretty short(10min max) and unfinished because of the lack of time. Three hours are still left but I desperately need some sleep so I just finished it somehow.

Hope you like it. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:32 am

Good job abhi !
Controls are a bit hard though. There are a lots of unecessary deaths to get the hang of it.

Interesting narrating also. A bit slow sometimes, (the time that the text displays) but I like the philosophy behind it ^^

As far as I'm concerned, I failed at entering compo, and even if time is not up, I won't have a game for the jam

So here is a (buggy] preview of where I am so far.
Arrows move the "trampoline" and q and d allows to move a little selector behind the characters. (buggy !!! press several time, but don't go too far, etc...)
Space makes the selected character jump.

You are to catch it in the trampoline it will bounce, and has to go to the far right of the screen where the placeholder for an ambulance is sitting.
go as far right as you can, a sound "Thank you" should be playing if it reaches the ambulance. (BUGGY, characters that go under the screen still keep falling, and "thank you" will eventualy happened)

Well it's a messy WIP. Did I mention it was buggy ?

Building is randomly generated, supposedly basing on the xp of the player and some difficulty level derived from it.

I entered too late (12h delay) in the comp, and wanted to make too much it seems.
I lost a few hours in C2 bugs/understanding/worksaround. But yet I have learn a lot and still loves C2 ^^

Now I will go back to the regular flow of my life but I will watch for the next LD.

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:36 am

Mine is over \o/

It's titled : Walls of Darkness

little screenshot :

Hope you like itYann2011-08-23 03:37:40
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:01 am

@Kyatric: Thanks man, glad that you like it. I didn't realize that the game was hard, I thought I made it too easy.

Your concept seems really interesting too, really sad you couldn't submit it. Better luck next time. :)

@Yann: Playing it right now. :)

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General