L�VE

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Stumbled upon this:

http://www.love2d.org/

I don't know what to think... but from what I've been able to discern, it is a 2D game engine that you can create games for through LUA scripting. Far from being Construct, but that particle demo is neat!

When I despair over difficulties I am having with Construct, I need only remember what alternatives are out there... no event editor!

Yeah, I'm working harder now!

• Looks okay, but yeah, scripted. You can probably reproduce those particle effects with Construct's particles object with an Additive effect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just wanna take some quotes from that site:

[quote:5mgetp1h]L�VE is created by these stunningly handsome individuals. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or comments. If e-mail is too personal for you, there's also the forum.

[quote:5mgetp1h]we can now experience true L�VE via apt-get ... (^_^)/

[quote:5mgetp1h]group hug the newbie thread

Okay I cant be bothered finding more...but yeah...all I can say is...rainbows

But the screenshots look pretty lol

• I just wanna take some quotes from that site:

[quote:1txuj544]L�VE is created by these stunningly handsome individuals. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or comments. If e-mail is too personal for you, there's also the forum.

[quote:1txuj544]we can now experience true L�VE via apt-get ... (^_^)/

[quote:1txuj544]group hug the newbie thread

Okay I cant be bothered finding more...but yeah...all I can say is...rainbows

But the screenshots look pretty lol

pfffffff hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Well its nice to see new game/app creator, but it looks so... homo... fa... you know. (Internet is getting casual these days..."

• Hmmmm. I really don't care what the site looks like. I do like the documentation though. Forums are rather quiet, but then L�VE has a smaller community.

There seems to be some uncertainty over what they want L�VE to be (can the same be said for Construct?). That said, it's already been used as a prototyping tool for commercial software (probably because of Lua).

One plus L�VE has is it being cross-platform now, essentially being a Lua interpreter. Lua doesn't look to me to be a bad little scripting language.

I'll be giving this one a try.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)