Mac

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:25 pm

How come Construct 2 can make games for mac, but you can't download the actual Construct 2 Software on mac :?:
B
3
Posts: 4
Reputation: 183

Post » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:56 pm

…Because the games runtime engine is browser based (html5) and the Construct editor isn't.

I use Parallels to run Construct on the mac, but you will have to wait for Construct 3 for native editor support.
B
43
S
23
G
21
Posts: 735
Reputation: 12,132

Post » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Because Construct 2 Engine is programmed in C#. And it is windows only
B
9
S
3
G
1
Posts: 128
Reputation: 1,116

Post » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Uniform wrote:Because Construct 2 Engine is programmed in C#. And it is windows only


C# isn't windows only... :/
B
3
Posts: 4
Reputation: 183

Post » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:49 pm

DinoDoesStuff wrote:
Uniform wrote:Because Construct 2 Engine is programmed in C#. And it is windows only


C# isn't windows only... :/


Yeah you can use mono but c# is basically a windows oriented technology for those who wanted to abandon java. I think c2 was made with .NET
B
9
S
3
G
1
Posts: 128
Reputation: 1,116

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Uniform wrote:
DinoDoesStuff wrote:
Uniform wrote:Because Construct 2 Engine is programmed in C#. And it is windows only


C# isn't windows only... :/


Yeah you can use mono but c# is basically a windows oriented technology for those who wanted to abandon java. I think c2 was made with .NET


Oh
B
3
Posts: 4
Reputation: 183

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Ethan wrote:…Because the games runtime engine is browser based (html5) and the Construct editor isn't.

I use Parallels to run Construct on the mac, but you will have to wait for Construct 3 for native editor support.


Construct 3 is gonna be for mac? Also I thought it doesn't work in Parrellels, I've tried it in WineBottler but it won't pan and you can't debug or test the game :p
B
3
Posts: 4
Reputation: 183

Post » Tue May 12, 2015 10:37 pm

DinoDoesStuff wrote:Construct 3 is gonna be for mac?


One of the main reasons to get into C3 development was to ditch the restraints of the library that is currently used for the editor interface, to make a mac port of the editor possible.. so, yes.
B
78
S
28
G
32
Posts: 481
Reputation: 19,788

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 10:18 am

Construct 2 uses C++ and MFC, not any .NET technologies.
Scirra Founder
B
399
S
236
G
89
Posts: 24,525
Reputation: 195,382


Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests