Mac

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:27 am

All in favor over Scirra Construct for Mac, say aye!

AYE! :D

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:33 pm

All in favor of Apple adopting DirectX so that this would be feasible, say aye!

Anyone?

Anyone?

...Bueller?

(had a great holiday! :wink: )
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:17 am

Hehe, sorry... couldn't resist :P. Anyway no offense, but yeah, DirectX pretty much means that you can't run Construct on a Mac. I heard a rumor somewhere that C2 might be able to do something about that... I dunno...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 pm

that image was... amazing
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:04 am

I don't have a MAC, but I'm pretty sure you can run Construct and Construct games on a MAC using this: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ .. if you got $69. :-)

Wine does support DirectX 9 now.. so Linux and MAC support should be good... I just need to stop being lazy and test out the linux version.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:38 am

...you're kidding right?
wine?!
1, CONSTRUCT IS INCOMPATIBLE!!!!!
if any of you have ever dealt with wine you'd know that construct has LOTS of random crashes when you try to run it.... most of the time you cant start it. not to mention you have to apply A LOT of patches for directx through terminal(Linux's version of command prompt... it was a pain in the butt)......
now mabe if construct supported OpenGL *crosses fingers* it might be possible.
however, when ever i hear the developers talk about mac and Linux support it's only being able to run your games on them.
2, MAC!?!?!?!?!?
I'd rather have Linux support. Linux beats windows and mac in every category. really one of the only reasons i kept windows XP was for construct (and a couple of other programs) but then i got windows 7.... ( win 7 ftw)
basically the way construct is designed this is not possible thank you directX.
but this poses a nice little question. why doesn't support OpenGL and directX?
that would fix a lot of problems(not to mention that OpenGL runs faster on my comp and directX uses OpenGL to work!)
3, it's a nice thought but at this point is not feasible. they would probably have to start from scratch and have to rewrite construct and i dont think they want to do that any time soon
now if your computer's processor supports virtual machine then its a different story.
also i don't know if mac supports this(win 7 pro(i think) and ultimate(i know this for a fact because i use ultimate) do)
basically virtual machine is a new technology that lets you run two or more operating system at the same time.
with this you could effectively run mac and windows at the same time
or ... or you could do a dual boot setup and you can choose which operating system at start up like i do. you just partition your hard drive and install your second OS on the second partition
B
G

Post » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:17 pm

[quote="kitsune4295":3bxgproi]CONSTRUCT IS INCOMPATIBLE!!!!! [/quote:3bxgproi]

Have you actually run Construct under Codeweavers Game version of Wine?? I never said "I know it will work".. I just believe it should. Obviously those are two different things which is why I need to actually test it out. I can believe there would be some bugs though...especially considering Construct is already buggy.

I've already tested Construct on Linux using a Windows XP Virtual Machine with 3D support and it works the same as a native version of Construct. So that is clearly the best solution...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:43 pm

It is not Construct's fault for wine's incompatibility. When someone thrashes a glass jar, it is not the jar's fault.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:50 pm

[quote="kitsune4295":2mt19dhw]Linux beats windows and mac in every category.[/quote:2mt19dhw]
User interface? Market share? :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Well if you disregard the command line gobbledygook, some of the GUI stuff is pretty good.
Desktop icons that don't rely on the outdated .ico format, but based on the images actual size, and transparency for example.
Not that the command line stuff isn't a biggie tho...
Image Image
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic