MafeGames approved for Nintendo Developers Program

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:29 am

@lennaert

Nintendo doesn't care if you are a company. I made it perfectly clear I am just one guy building games in my basement and I got approved. It's best to tell the truth cause the lie will eventually catch up to you.

On a side note, I am assuming he is using Google Translate and I don't think everything is coming across correctly, but I do believe it is in bad taste to ask for donations for what everyone else paid for themselves. Just my $0.02.
MIKE ASCHENBRENNER | RCMADIAX
Twitter/Instagram/Vine: @RCMADIAX
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:32 am

[[email protected]] lennaert

Nintendo doesn't care if you are a company. I made it perfectly clear I am just one guy building games in my basement and I got approved. It's best to tell the truth cause the lie will eventually catch up to you.

On a side note, I am assuming he is using Google Translate and I don't think everything is coming across correctly, but I do believe it is in bad taste to ask for donations for what everyone else paid for themselves. Just my $0.02.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, I was kinda annoyed really hehe.

But euhm, cos of this I did some nosing around for that wii-u dev kit.
Did you buy that 5k dev kit to develop for the wii-u ?lennaert2014-01-31 00:32:54
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 am

@lennaert

You know better than to ask that
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:46 am

You know better than to ask that [/QUOTE]

Actually ... I don't, and it isnt a strange question.
Seeing as there are more nintendo products, and you got your dev license way before this, perhaps you had gotten some license for whatever I don't know.

All I hear or read about this whole wii-u is vague and becoming more of an annoyance then an addition for me.

Also, I wonder what nintendo would feel about a guy trying to use a free version of construct 2 to get into commercial development for them .... rofl ...   (migth be some legal issues there)

Im betting they do care about it being a company or not.

Not to be a bitch, but the title of this thread kinda indicates that MafeGames is some sort game development company, at least thats the vibe I got from the title.

When I saw the inside I rofled though, and perhaps a bit envious :)
lennaert2014-01-31 00:47:52
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:53 am

@lennaert

I'm sorry, didn't mean to come off a smartass, but I noticed you commented here: http://www.scirra.com/forum/how-to-find-out-more-about-the-wii-u-exporter_topic84885.html and assumed you knew that nothing can be discussed about the program.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:00 am

I'm sorry, didn't mean to come off a smartass, but I noticed you commented here: http://www.scirra.com/forum/how-to-find-out-more-about-the-wii-u-exporter_topic84885.html and assumed you knew that nothing can be discussed about the program.[/QUOTE]

Dunno how far that goes, but already noticing the downsides of it hehe.

Annoying really heh
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 am

Us are only a small group of game development using Construct 2 for free. We have not used This version to make money. It is for this reason That we need the license. And I think using the free version have Achieved very attractive projects. Even more attractive than other projects That Have Been Conducted with license fees, That Other developers have created.

Not the first time a small organization solicits donations, Whether $ 1 or $ 2,000.

Great projects begin with little.

I agree with others, here is envy of our project here, its a shame, we only ask voluntary collaboration as good intentions
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:23 am

Brand new account asking for money? Hmmmmm.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:30 am

@ Nutzaboutpoker

Neither I nor other members of my group lied to nintendo.
On the form, bring applications and games designed, we communicate our goals, our resources and our projects.

And we admitted.

We introduce ourselves as an developer games online group in formularrio Nintendo and they agreed.

Besides this the phone conversation held with them, plus they asked us about our latest project. And all this was achieved with a free license. Now I understand, there is perhaps envy this.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:42 am

no offence but...

if you "have developed incredible projects, many of these projects have been released in stores for mobile applications" and can't earn for super cheap Construct 2 licence then it sounds like bad joke

also Spain is not Third World Country (in Cambodia typical salary is 100-150$ / monthly) so asking for money for Construct 2 licence sounds like terrible bad jokeszymek2014-01-31 02:49:01
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic