Re: MagiCam Plugin - v1.43 BETA(Updated 12/10)

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:03 am

Hmm, magicam crashes construct for some reason. Odd..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13338856/MAGICA ... 0crash.cap (uses 0.99.96 version of construct)

By the way, great plugin! keep up the good work! :D

UPDATE/EDIT

oh my, it appears that the magicam can not focus on destroyed objects or else it will crash construct. hmmm
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:43 am

[quote="JackieChann":1ecvauey]oh my, it appears that the magicam can not focus on destroyed objects or else it will crash construct. hmmm[/quote:1ecvauey]
I thought I had ensured that such silliness wouldn't happen, but I guess I didn't get it entirely. I'll take a look see tomorrow and fix it up.

And to noga about the global attribute, I never did any testing with the Magicam as a global object as I don't know what would be required to get it working. For now, your only option is to have a Magicam object for each layout.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:12 pm

I don't know what the problem is, but I can't get ANYTHING working. I installed the plug-in and created the camera, but absolutely nothing else I change has any effect in the game. I give the camera coordinates, and it ignores them; I tell it to bind to the layout, it just doesn't; I follow your exact events to have it follow ahead of the character, and it won't... I don't know what to do, it just hates me for some reason. :lol:

It's always possible that I'm just an idiot and I'm doing it wrong, but this is getting really frustrating either way. Any suggestions? I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can get SOMETHING to work...

(using Construct 0.99.96, by the way)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Do the examples that come with the plugin work?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Yeah, they work perfectly. Which makes it all the more strange why I can copy those events exactly and get, well, nothing.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:45 pm

[quote="SullyTheStrange":55nx3nzm]I don't know what the problem is, but I can't get ANYTHING working. I installed the plug-in and created the camera, but absolutely nothing else I change has any effect in the game. I give the camera coordinates, and it ignores them; I tell it to bind to the layout, it just doesn't; I follow your exact events to have it follow ahead of the character, and it won't... I don't know what to do, it just hates me for some reason. :lol:

It's always possible that I'm just an idiot and I'm doing it wrong, but this is getting really frustrating either way. Any suggestions? I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can get SOMETHING to work...

(using Construct 0.99.96, by the way)[/quote:55nx3nzm]
Post a CAP file with your problem and I'll take a look. It's possible that you're not following your camera, in which case you should check the "Follow" attribute in the "Create camera" action.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:25 am

"Follow" was already checked, so I guess it's something else... Maybe it has something to do with the size of the window/layout or something? I dunno exactly how it works.

http://db.tt/xs7QAqi

Ignore all the strange stuff, this game is in the waaay early stages. I figured I should get the camera worked out before I get too far into making it. If you run it with MagiCam implemented, it looks really weird, too, since it's refusing to bind to the layout. It normally, well, doesn't look like that. :P

Thanks for taking a look.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:44 am

Go to your Mario sprite object's properties and uncheck 'center view on me.'
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:49 am

[quote="Tokinsom":irmo7gx6]Go to your Mario sprite object's properties and uncheck 'center view on me.'[/quote:irmo7gx6]

Wow... it really was that simple. Like I said, me being an idiot is always a possibility. :roll: Thanks a bunch!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:31 am

[quote="Tokinsom":25dnmcsi]Go to your Mario sprite object's properties and uncheck 'center view on me.'[/quote:25dnmcsi]
That's something I would love to see in MagiCam - overriding all the values/options it uses and/or being relative. For example, a game with nice little zooms here and there to point the player to something special. One would work it out and it would behave just the same, no matter what I set the system zoom to. Would make life easier for games that support different resolutions.

EDIT: "behave the same" -> I mean the zooming would automatically be relative to the system zoom. Zooming to 150% would not zoom to 150%, but to 150% of the current system zoom.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons