Re: MagiCam Plugin - v1.43 BETA(Updated 12/10)

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 am

Melodious, have you tried setting the position precision of the camera to "Integer"? If not, you can do that through the "Set position precision" action under "Misc." That setting is designed for games with pixel graphics.

If you're already doing that, I'd like to see a simple CAP file demonstrating what you're talking about. This will help me fix it if need be.

I hope that helps. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:56 am

[quote="linkman2004":8txj5cak]Melodious, have you tried setting the position precision of the camera to "Integer"? If not, you can do that through the "Set position precision" action under "Misc." That setting is designed for games with pixel graphics.

If you're already doing that, I'd like to see a simple CAP file demonstrating what you're talking about. This will help me fix it if need be.

I hope that helps. :)[/quote:8txj5cak]

Oh, didn't try that, it worked! Thanks a lot, glad to get that out of the way.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:30 am

On grid scrolling, when you pause it, it pauses the music. Is it possible to have it not pause the music but pause everything else.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:49 am

[quote="Azu":qen2c9jm]On grid scrolling, when you pause it, it pauses the music. Is it possible to have it not pause the music but pause everything else.[/quote:qen2c9jm]
Have you unchecked "Timescale audio" in the XAudio2 properties? All my plugin does is set the timescale to 0, so it should work like that.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Is it possible to zoom AND move towards an objects at the same time, in 1-, 2- or 3000 ms?
Right now I only can make it do either one, followed by the other one. I would like to see it moving and zooming simultaneously, in about 2000 ms.

edit: 2 more questions
2- If you would want to always show something on screen (for example a healthbar), when the Magicam is zooming. How do you do that?

3- I would like to see the condition "when motion has stopped". Is that possible?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:25 am

I have a problem with "Shake Camera". I have it shake at ANY magnitude and it goes fucking NUTS. But when I have smoothness set to 100 AND NOTHING ELSE, it doesn't do ANYTHING.

What do I have to do to get it working? (I wont upload a cap, as I am working on a closed project, but an example would be nice :D )
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 am

Sorry it took me a while to answer these, but here I go:

[quote="rogerty":1jx9cpwq]Is it possible to zoom AND move towards an objects at the same time, in 1-, 2- or 3000 ms?
Right now I only can make it do either one, followed by the other one. I would like to see it moving and zooming simultaneously, in about 2000 ms.

edit: 2 more questions
2- If you would want to always show something on screen (for example a healthbar), when the Magicam is zooming. How do you do that?

3- I would like to see the condition "when motion has stopped". Is that possible?
[/quote:1jx9cpwq]
1. You should be able to both at the same time. If you can, send me a CAP file showing me what you're trying to do, and I'll help you out.

2. Put your health bar on a separate layer and set the X and Y zoom-rates to 0.

3. You can invert the "While motion in progress" action and add a "Trigger once while true" action to the event. This will cause the event to trigger once at the start of the layout, but only upon the completion of a motion after that.

[quote="Phobos002":1jx9cpwq]I have a problem with "Shake Camera". I have it shake at ANY magnitude and it goes fucking NUTS. But when I have smoothness set to 100 AND NOTHING ELSE, it doesn't do ANYTHING.

What do I have to do to get it working? (I wont upload a cap, as I am working on a closed project, but an example would be nice :D )[/quote:1jx9cpwq]
The camera shake feature was something I never got working in quite the way I want. I was working on getting it to shake in a more controlled fashion, but never got it right. The way you see it is the way it works, and that's all I can say. I'll look into redoing that at some point.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 am

Amazing plugin! Thanks for creating it linkman2004 :)
Can I use it to create an auto scrolling level for a platform game (like http://youtu.be/ZeyhKtP-WKc )?

If it's possible to do something like this with your plugin could you please teach us how?
Thanks! :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:29 pm

[quote="linkman2004":2a19w33d]
3- I would like to see the condition "when motion has stopped". Is that possible?[/i][/quote:2a19w33d]
1. You should be able to both at the same time. If you can, send me a CAP file showing me what you're trying to do, and I'll help you out.
[/quote]

Thanks for answering. When I get to it, I'll try this in a new cap and send it to you when it doesn't work.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Whoa, this is a great plugin. Exactly what I was looking for.

I've been having some trouble understanding everything tho, is there any documentation on it? Like, I can't read a single event sheet line and fully understand what's written haha.. like the sprite "weight", I have no idea what that is supposed to be.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons