Re: MagiCam Plugin - v1.43 BETA(Updated 12/10)

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:30 pm

@StreakThundrstrm - Glad you're liking it! To fix the issue with unwanted layers zooming, go to the layer properties pane, and there you'll see two properties for your HUD layer -- Zoom X Rate and Zoom Y Rate. Setting both of these to zero will keep the layers from zooming with everything else.

And just in case you want to keep a layer from rotating, I'm pretty sure I have an action that allows you to exclude a layer from rotation.

I hope this helps!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:19 am

It definitely did. Thank you very much!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey! I would love to have a dual camera for realtime multiplayer on same computer :) Im making a game and I've tried to make it work, but it seems impossible with my kind of visual structure of the game.
B
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Sorry, the plugin doesn't support displaying multiple cameras at the same time. This is something I tried implementing, but I never got anything working because it involved utilizing some undocumented/confusing functions from the SDK.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:35 am

aww.. ok tnx for trying :)
B
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:22 am

I tried setting the magicam plugin to 'global' so I wouldn't have to add a new instance for every layout, but this appears to make the resulting game crash.

Is it possible to do this without killing the game, or should I just work around it?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Yeah, and if the object the camera follows is destroyed, the next time it's created it the camera doesn't follow it anymore. And even if i add the object to the camera following objects later, it still won't follow it.
Here's what I mean:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52670878/Magicam%20bug.cap

Nice plugin btw.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Hey linkman2004

Just started using magiCam and found it to be rather nice. However was hoping you could squeeze in time to look at that changing layout global issue... :)

Even a destroy camera function would probably do it - I have found creating a new camera at the start of each layout works(I set it to layoutName) BUT if you cross back into the previous layout the camera stops working.

Cheers,
Steven
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:46 pm

I love this plugin so much, really would like it on Construct 2! heheh
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys - sorry I didn't reply to any of them sooner.

Unfortunately, I don't have any plans to fix remaining bugs in this plugin - my familiarity with the code has dwindled over time, reducing my ability to identify problems. This, combined with my full-time work and school schedules - which leave me little time for my current projects - means I'll be dropping support indefinitely.

However, I would like to say that I've just finished tinkering around with the C2 plugin SDK a little bit and I'm starting to get a grasp of what's going on in that regard. With any luck, you'll see something on that front in a few weeks time, although I make no promises.

In the event that I do release a C2 version of this plugin, updates will likely be sporadic and I might start accepting donations as a way to offset the time invested. Life is a demanding mistress and I am submissive to its will.

Be sure to keep an eye out for any updates - I'll let you guys know as soon as I have more to report.

Once again, thanks for all of the downloads and comments for this plugin - I see it as my crowning achievement in this community and the support is much appreciated.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons