Main character animation problems [SOLVED]

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon May 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi everyone! Search engine told me that words like "animation", "bug" or "problem" are too common and searching manually through more than 200 pages is too complicated for me :? So that's why I'm posting this topic.

Currently I'm working on a adventure/platformer game and have encountered few problems with animations of main character such as:
- when character is crouched and starts to slide, sometimes animation doesn't reset to "idle" or "walk" properly. The same situation is with shooting animations.
- I don't know how to make "grab" animation work properly. I tried few methods but it either freezes at first frame or loops. I want it to work similar to "walk" animation.

Here is a link for .cap file
http://www.mediafire.com/?ujs1p3civ6yqz9a

Please help me with debug. I will appreciate your help greatly guys! Modify my .cap if you want. It will help me to understand my mistakes and improve further.

PS: Sorry if my English is bad I'm from Ukraine you know :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Well I made it myself. Only one proplem left - pushing animation. It doesn't reset properly...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 am

It is working properly now. This problem was a usefull experience I must admit.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Can you describe how you fixed the problem? What was the cause?
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Problem with pushing animation was a Construct bug under Windows 7 I think. I've just put inverted events and it worked! However now I'm using XP, so maybe that was the reason :|
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic