*MAJOR NEWS* Intel this June ending support for making .apks

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:25 am

humanescape wrote:if the build server is gone, I wonder if we need to do anything ahead of time to be sure we can build our apps elsewhere, such as getting the signing certs?

I think Intel will still let us get our Keystores even when the build server is gone. I mean, they're vital, so we should still have access to them. Still it may be a good idea to download them to your computer and make at least 3 backups in different places of the Keystore.

I almost lost my Keystore today and I was really freaked out. Like it was just by remembering that I remembered the passwords and Alias for the keystore. I password protected the file i made with the Alias and passwords...whoopps. but i eventually remembered them. I had to do them again cause i just switched to Cocoon.

I had a file where I wrote down the Alias and Passwords, which i needed cause i was going to Cocoon. I password protected THAT document though....i actually downloaded a password cracker* for Open office....but eventually remebered the Alias and Password.

Basically, Write down somewhere in multiple places the Alias and Passwords for Keystore, and have at least 3 backup copies of the actual .keystore file.

*It's legal because it was my file on my computer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 am

Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Building and signing APK's locally is one thing... but what about cross platform building.
Intel XDK was the perfect solution for compiling Cordova to both Android and iOS (even WP8)
A big loss imho!
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Xam wrote:Building and signing APK's locally is one thing... but what about cross platform building.
Intel XDK was the perfect solution for compiling Cordova to both Android and iOS (even WP8)
A big loss imho!

I know, right. Intel is one of the biggest companies on the planet. They couldn't keep their support for the build server?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:59 pm

I just found Cocoon doesn't support Construct 2's buttons, text boxes, and bunch of (but not all of) Construct 2's default obejcts. What the actual heck?! What the frak?! And for some reason Construct 2's browser object won't work in Webview, either. I'm about to try it in Webview+.

If i have to use Canvas+ to be able to launch a URL, and it doesn't support buttons, then I'm going to Phone Gap.

Thx Intel /sarc.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:11 pm

Used CocoonJS for a few published games in the past. Never had any trouble with it at all, it just works brilliantly and their remote preview tools are excellent.

When making "buttons" with cocoonJS you just need to use a standard sprite and have an "on Touch" action for it instead of a button object.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Except I need text boxes too, and invisible Sprites can still be tapped. Like I have invisible menus that appear when certain things happen. If I use sprites they can still be tapped.

Text boxes to keep track of score and lives. Canvas+ not supporting text boxes is a big one especially for people who have scores, player lives, and timers, etc in their games. I would use Canvas+ but it doesn't support a lot of Construct 2 stuff.

Someone over at Cocoon, a mod, said the Construct 2 browser object works with Cocoon Webview+ I tried it though and it doesn't work. With either open URL in new window and go to URL.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 am

Phoenixbowman wrote:And for some reason Construct 2's browser object won't work in Webview, either. I'm about to try it in Webview+.

The browser object's Close action works just fine in my project built with Cocoon.io Webview.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:43 pm

glerikud wrote:
Phoenixbowman wrote:And for some reason Construct 2's browser object won't work in Webview, either. I'm about to try it in Webview+.

The browser object's Close action works just fine in my project built with Cocoon.io Webview.

The Browser object in the game I'm making is supposed to go to a URL. Go to a URL in a new window works both on the PC and with Intel XDX. I'm wondering if go to URL in a new window, or just go to URL, works with Cocoon Webview or Webview+.

I may just make all the buttons sprites >< Turns out Cocoon does support text so that's good. I'm probably just going to make the buttons all sprites and instead of making them invisible, move them off the screen. And when something happens I'll move them to certain places on the screen so it looks like they "appear".
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General