Major performance issues with R192 of Construct?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:50 pm

@TiAm - the change in quality and resolution helped a little bit, not very much, about 2 fps. The phone is pretty sweet, thank you haha. :)

@Ashley - I should be getting a constant 60 fps on a high end phone when I first start space blaster, or close to 60 fps right? I just cannot grab 60 fps at all on the test at any given time.

As you can see here, it drops a lot of frames in my screenshot.

I tried this same test on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 with a Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 Ghz, 2GIG RAM and with the Adreno 330 GPU as well and a resolution with 1600x 2560.... and I can constantly hit 60 fps no problem on the tests, with MINIMAL frame drops.

Is there some problem with fill rate maybe with higher resoltuon devices? I would hope not, because higher resolution devices are the future. The LG G3, along with the Samsung Note 4 and the Droid Turbo are all sporting Quad HD displays (about 2k display) already, and the trend will continue.
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:07 pm

@Ashley

Come to think of it, you're right. For some reason I thought space blaster had a couple webgl effects attached, but I guess it doesn't.

@GameThirsty

Not fillrate; space blaster uses no webgl effects or large, transparent objects. My mistake. However, if you were piling on some webGL effects/large transparent objects, I'd watch out. But you are having some other problem.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:16 pm

@GameThirsty

Can you post a screenshot running that on your Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4? Their CPUs are very similar, it would be interesting to see the CPU utilization.

Because if a game is sub 60 fps, the CPU is normally averaging much higher loads than your 36%.

Here's from my LG G-Pad 8.3, with Snapdragon S600, its a 1080p device. FPS fluctuates from 50 to 60, it appears smooth enough even with some skipped frames.
Chrome 35x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:25 am

Silverforce wrote:@GameThirsty

Can you post a screenshot running that on your Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4? Their CPUs are very similar, it would be interesting to see the CPU utilization.

Because if a game is sub 60 fps, the CPU is normally averaging much higher loads than your 36%.

Here's from my LG G-Pad 8.3, with Snapdragon S600, its a 1080p device. FPS fluctuates from 50 to 60, it appears smooth enough even with some skipped frames.
Chrome 35x.jpg

@Silverforce

Here is the screenshot of the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General