Make a retro game. Gain 45$

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:14 pm

PixelRebirth wrote:
vikuserro wrote:Controls: Z,X, left, right, up, down Tab and Enter (Return).

I always cringe a little when I see this controls layout in games. I'm referring to the use of the Z key. In central europe the QWERTZ keyboard is being used. The main difference to your usual QWERTY layout is the switched positioning of the Y and Z keys. This makes it very awkward to play titles that use the Z key for QWERTZ users. Sure, you can change your keyboard layout in windows to fix this, but it's not very convenient.

It's better to use X and C instead, because they're consistent for both those layouts.

Just had to bring that up. 8-)
Other than that I'm kinda intrigued to see what comes of this project. Good luck!

Thank you so much ^^ It's a really simple fix. I will fix it tomorrow in all of the already uploaded titles ^^. I have a very strict "no-patch" policy, glad somebody brought that up so I can update it before announcing this project to the public.
The creator of Gurgosus card universe!
Visit Gurgosus.eu for more info.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:18 pm

@vikuserro I'll fix the controls in my game to CX. When I email you, I'll just give you a giant .zip file with all of my game's resources. Do we need to have the QR code reader capabilities in our games? Or will you add that in yourself?
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 pm

@TechnoBeaver

I will add it myself ^^ I would rather just get the .capx.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:14 am

And here it is, the topic:
On this forums

If you wan't to discuss the job itself, do it here ;p
B