Make boss jump around platforms

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack of 76 platform designs for a platformer game with a mushroom/jungle theme
  • I've searched through the forums and the tutorials and can't find any insight as to accomplishing this.

I just want to have an enemy that can jump around on three different platforms until he's killed. Can anyone point me in the right direction for making this happen?

• Arrgh, there was a perfect example for this, but I forgot who made it and where it is.

Basically it involves using an enemy with the platformer behavior (default controls off, of course) and having invisble objects positions at locations where you want the enemy to jump.

So you can just test, is overlapping the detector, then simulate platform jumping.

As for moving side to side, you just need a variable (string would be convenient). If variable = left then simulate platformer going left, if variable = right then simulate platformer going right.

Then you need to make another invisible object at the end of the path, and on collision with the object

--subevent

if the variable you made earlier = left then set it to right

and vice versa.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ennemy control with platformer behavior - LINK from the how do I FAQ ?

• Thanks sqiddster! I appreciate the help. I'm going to give this a shot right now.

• That's exactly what I was looking for Kyatric. Thank you! I looked through the How do I FAQs several times but I apparently looked right over this. Going to try and implement this asap.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)