Make different game modes.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I wanted to have a survival version of the game, and then an objective version. I was thinking a starter screen asking which game mode and the creator... blah blah blah. How would I do this, is it even possible? Click-able buttons, too.

• Its's DEFINITELY possible. You have to add a few button objects, and add a layout for one game mode, another layout for the other... Its definitely possible.

• I'm confused of of to how this would work. So the main page would be the title screen, per say, if if you click one button it brings you to another layer, or what?

• You would have a layout for each mode + the titlescreen layout !

And If you click on the button that is defined to 1 layout , it would send you to the defined layout/GameMode

Example : On SurvivalButton Clicked : Set Layout to Survival

• You would have a layout for each mode + the titlescreen layout !

And If you click on the button that is defined to 1 layout , it would send you to the defined layout/GameMode

Example : On SurvivalButton Clicked : Set Layout to SurvivalSo I'd have it start out at a layout that is the title screen. With the push buttons, credits... whatever. And the buttons would take me to that layout. Will it only run the event sheet for that particular set up, or what?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah ! You would create a new event sheet with your new layout and it would be automaticaly assigned to the new layout

Note : The event sheet you start with will automatically be assigned the the layout you begin with ... And You can assign any event sheet to any layout in the layout options ! ( Right-Click on the layout in the C2 Project list )

• Yeah ! You would create a new event sheet with your new layout and it would be automaticaly assigned to the new layout

Note : The event sheet you start with will automatically be assigned the the layout you begin with ... And You can assign any event sheet to any layout in the layout options ! ( Right-Click on the layout in the C2 Project list )Great. That sounds like something I could handle! Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)