Make Entire Screen Flash

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:43 am

So I know (through searching) that you can easily simulate a flash by using a white sprite over everything but with the WebGL and the example given by Construct 2 : WebGL Shader luminance transition, I want to be able to recreate this effect in my project but just simply copying the events over isn't working.

I also can't seem to find what has been done outside of the events page.

Any ideas?

P.S. Hello world! (1st post ever)
B

Post » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 am

Bumping this up...
B

Post » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:18 am

Have you copied the global variables too and added the WebGL effect to the layer?

It also gets a little more complicated than that as the event code in the example works by manipulating the "luminance" depending on how much in-game time has passed since the start of the game.
As in, the effect begins the moment you start the game and ends in about 2 seconds.

So if you want it to work as an effect you can trigger on a certain condition, you will need to make some changes.

I think the example given is actually quite flexible and doesn't require much editing to turn it into a triggered effect, you just need to get an idea of the in-game time and how it works and know what you're doing, and adapt it to your needs and events.

Just need to practice and toy around with it.Xionor2013-06-13 04:29:23
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:21 am

Yeah I transferred everything and I get how to do triggers. Ive been messing around with c2 for a week now and I understand a lot of the events stuff and making things on my own.

I never noticed that where exactly the WebGL effect was added to and I think that was the issue. Looking at the example given also doesnt say that the layer had the WebGL effect I guess i'll just mess around some more.

Edit: Oh wow okay. I am dumb. I just realized in the events is where the WebGL effect is added Saveti2013-06-13 07:24:10
B

Return to How do I....?