Make message boxes appear while clicking on a sprite?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi again all of you helpful people, I am currently developing the pause menu for my game and wish to put in a "Menu" and and an "Exit" sprite to serve as buttons. I want then when clicked to go the main menu (title screen) and terminate the application (respectively). I've tried quite a few ways of doing this, but I either had both message boxes pop up at once or it wouldn't work at all. What is the correct way of doing this? :?:
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:38 pm

I don't know if I understood you right. Are you saying that the buttons are meant to trigger their own text boxes when you click on them but they either trigger both or none?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:27 am

Gelidaer wrote:I don't know if I understood you right. Are you saying that the buttons are meant to trigger their own text boxes when you click on them but they either trigger both or none?

Yes, exactly, I don't inderstand what I'm doing wrong. :/
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Can you upload your cap file to Dropbox and paste a link here? (replace the . 's with (dot) 's )

Even just a cap of the parts that are broken (save as new file, remove extra stuff) would work.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic