make my guy slide

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:21 am

hello! i would like to make my guy slide down hills and get faster till he slows on the flat ground while using regualr platform controls.
also i would like to trigger an animation when he stats sliding.. exactly how do i do this? Thank you for your time!
B

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 am

sorry for bumping threadsyntaxerror2012-10-22 03:14:54
B

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:46 am

i still cant find a solution to this by searching.. can anyone help at all? thanks in advance..
B

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:14 am

There are numerous examples in the How Do I section as well as the Tutorials that could probably help you.

If not, rather than spamming the board with numerous posts, why not have a little patience and wait a few days for someone to notice your post. If no-one has offered help by then, just give the thread a gentle bump.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:23 am

so i have to wait a few days before i can start my game.. hmm maybe this isnt the engine im looking for then.. and of course i tried to go through the thousands of posts in the how do i? section . also your post didnt answer my question and you came across somewhat condescending. i am new to this engine and am shopping for one to purchase, not really asking for any sour tastes to be left im my mouth..
B

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:10 am

i figured out the sliding part if anyone is just starting out and needs to know you have to select your character and go to behaviours - platform and change the deceleration to be a lower number than the acceleration..

now i just need to find out how to play an animation when my guy is walking and then a different one when he is sliding..

Edit: sorry i did not see the edit post option i will use that from now on
i did look for it and figured that you couldn't edit but when you told me to use it i looked for it again.. thank you.syntaxerror2012-10-22 01:46:02
B

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Stop Bump Posting , just edit you first post , that's annoying !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 am

[quote=HOW DO I FAQ]Set the animation according to a key pressed - LINK[/quote]

Please prevent yourself from 15 minutes bump, as mentioned by other members, it's pretty rude and probably will bring up a delayed answer.
Especially since basic questions are covered by the beginner's tutorials and most of the "most advanced" questions are answered in the how do I FAQ.
If you don't get your answer in 15 minutes, please don't get impatient. Wait a bit and be sure to search by yourself.
Support is provided by the members/users of Construct 2. And posting on a Sunday morning, you can't decently expect an answer in the second.

Be sure to check the links in my signature too, it can help you getting started with C2.

Kyatric2012-10-23 04:53:38
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?