Make text Selectable

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:03 pm

If you want copyable text you need to use a text box, but I would not suggest using Construct 2 for making a website as things like searching, forums, accounts, etc. can't be used.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 am

There are a lot of website models that do not fit well with the Construct 2 abilities currently being offered. In the future, this will likely change as they recognise the untapped market and ability to offer current users more features that are commensurate with the generation of websites.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 am

Ashley has stated a few times that Construct 2 is for making games and not websites. So I'm guessing this also means that things for website development won't be added/changed. I'm not saying it can't be done with Construct, but there are definitely quite a few things you'll miss out on by using it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:14 am

Yes, their decision to avoid supporting a more broad usage of the core software elements and functionality will likely baffle me for a long time to come but that is evidently their current standing point.

Even with these limitations, my goal is to find a way to include enough text to the site I have created so a google search for that business type in my local area will come up.. or at the very least a word for word of the business name
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:24 am

It's not that they are avoiding it. Scirra is only 2 people and if they were to start making it for for web development, that would mean they would have to stop working on the game development part (Which is what Construct 2 is, a game engine) They pretty much had a choice to make it a web development program, or a game development program and they chose game development.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:40 am

I'm not sure that we are on the same page there as the improvements I mention would allow for a game developer to include better interactivity on projects embedded into websites *the DIVs that overlay with a transparent background for text*

The alignment and distribution tools would be an invaluable tool for speeding up workflow in the development of game GUI's and level content.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?