Make $$$ with Flippa and C2. (EBooks)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 pm

I can't really see how anyone would benefit from this, other than people who want to milk dry a simple games. It will only flood the marketplace with cheap copies of the same games with different graphics. Do we really need more clones???
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
42
S
18
G
19
Posts: 1,060
Reputation: 14,054

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:16 pm

tunepunk wrote:I can't really see how anyone would benefit from this, other than people who want to milk dry a simple games. It will only flood the marketplace with cheap copies of the same games with different graphics. Do we really need more clones???



In my honest opinion, you should do what you need to do help you pay bills. Look how many cheap knockoffs of Flappy Bird we had and how many people made money from it. The market is already flooded with clones, where have you been?? Hell, even the big companies are cloning games and I can name a few games that uses the same code with different graphics. App discovery in itself is difficult without paying money. Yes, you can get organic downloads from ASO, but even that still not reliable as you have to constantly have to put in work maintaining proper keywords just to keep your app relevant.

Companies like Glu, EA, Rovio, BANDAI NAMCO, and other major companies are dominating the app stores with their discovery of their games.. They can easily throw millions on advertising and think nothing of it. Everything has a cheap knock off clones.. Beats Audio headphones, Nike Shoes, even consoles like the Wii.. but people still buy them? Of course.. if things are cheap, people sometimes go the extra mile to cheaper things that may not last as long as the real counterpart. In the end, everything is a business. Can't count how many of the same games are in the market. Which I'm aware that 97% of the market's apps are not original.


I'm not worried and don't care about how others think of me as a developer. I've built game from scratch using Construct 2. (For example, Deadly Space Boss Arena HD (http://dsbahd.com/) and I've reskinned games, so I have intermediate to advanced knowledge of C2.
Image
B
82
S
16
G
4
Posts: 503
Reputation: 8,988

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:09 pm

I'm also running a promo if you wish to get the book for a little cheaper.

20% off instantly!! :mrgreen:


https://sellfy.com/p/syrR/-FLIPPA/


I'll be updating the book again soon with more information.
Image
B
82
S
16
G
4
Posts: 503
Reputation: 8,988

Post » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:46 pm

The ebook is on sale now for 25% off for only a few days. Grab it now! I already have others that messaged me of their success with Flippa from my book.
Image
B
82
S
16
G
4
Posts: 503
Reputation: 8,988

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Bought this book yesterday.

Book is great! I would personally rate the books at 4.5 out of 5 stars only because it has about 8 pages and I would like to see there more topics covered or FAQs relating to selling apps. For example, while reading it, I came up with a question and I had to email an author. But he helped me right away!
Plus he sends you free capx files, so it is a bonus!

And I have already made my first 10 bucks for 1 night!
See for youself https://flippa.com/5414835-roll-the-dice

And The action even is not over =)

Thanks for the book, man!
B
21
S
4
G
1
Posts: 60
Reputation: 5,124

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:00 pm

AlexeyMak wrote:Bought this book yesterday.

Book is great! I would personally rate the books at 4.5 out of 5 stars only because it has about 8 pages and I would like to see there more topics covered or FAQs relating to selling apps. For example, while reading it, I came up with a question and I had to email an author. But he helped me right away!
Plus he sends you free capx files, so it is a bonus!

And I have already made my first 10 bucks for 1 night!
See for youself https://flippa.com/5414835-roll-the-dice

And The action even is not over =)

Thanks for the book, man!


Thanks!! Yes, I will be updating the book with more content, so stay tuned!! I just made my first $1,000 Flippa Career last week for selling new apps only. You get more money if apps have already been in the app store for awhile and made you money already. You just have to prove that you made money. I'm glad that I'm helping others making money and I wish you the best of luck with your Flippa sales.
Image
B
82
S
16
G
4
Posts: 503
Reputation: 8,988

Post » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:12 am

I'm currently in the process on working on a new Construct 2 eBook, so I'm doing a permanent price drop from $15.99 to $9.99

Cheers... :mrgreen:
Image
B
82
S
16
G
4
Posts: 503
Reputation: 8,988

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Alright, I'll be finally releasing a long needed update to this book on this upcoming weekend. From the past emails I've received from this book, there's alot of questions that weren't answered in the book and I will be adding those in. I recommend those that already have the book to download the new version.
Image
B
82
S
16
G
4
Posts: 503
Reputation: 8,988

Post » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:41 am

Message: aarparmd can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention:

http://flippa.com/blog/price-change-app-listings/

I guess Flippa really wants to ensure we're selling serious quality apps now.
B
9
S
2
Posts: 14
Reputation: 622

Post » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:46 pm

aarparmd wrote:Just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention:

http://flippa.com/blog/price-change-app-listings/

I guess Flippa really wants to ensure we're selling serious quality apps now.



Yeah I saw that the other day. Technically, you can still sell your apps, but the strategy now is to keep your app for months before selling, so that way you can acquire some downloads and generating some ad revenue. I don't have time for that, so I guess I will be going back to developing apps for myself and getting some type of ad revenue that way. :mrgreen: My next move with Flippa will be to reskin starter websites since the fee is lower... $9..


Good while it lasted though, lol. Made nearly $9k from reskinning. :mrgreen: Wish I would of found Flippa earlier.
Image
B
82
S
16
G
4
Posts: 503
Reputation: 8,988

Previous

Return to Scirra Store

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests