Making a transition from GM to Construct 2

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:04 pm

I come here wanting to learn how to use construct 2, i know maybe 0.1% about construct 2. I have read about some of its features and so far am interested.

im a game maker user, have been using it since i can remember. Im currently on gm8.0 pro. id like to know what compares between the 2, how things work similar to game maker with construct 2. i want to make an easy smooth transition so to say. I know a lot about game maker and i dont use drag and drop in gm, im not sure but is construct only drag and drop? or is there a code editor too?

advice? tips? i know there are some gm folk here too! tell me how you adapted construct after being used to game maker?

-Panda (known as 'njp' or 'NicJamesPanda' elsewhere)

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:20 pm

No code unless you want to develop some plugin in javascript.
And seriously, you can do a lot without code.
Unfortunately I never use game maker so I can't tell how different or similar it is.

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:40 am

Same here, I never used GM so I couldn't make a comparison of the two.
I can suggest you to start with the first tutorial to read nevertheless : the beginner's guide for C2 whish is well illustrated and progressive, it should get you started nicely.

You can also the check how events work which is the base-stone of C2.
From there I hope you'll be able to connect the dots by yourself between what you are used to and what C2 proposes.

In doubt, just post on the forum and welcome
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 pm

I also use GM Panda and C2 is completely different! If you use GML then getting your head around event sheets may be a struggle as there is no coding required. Stick with it, read all the forum, manual and tutorials and just have a play around (like I am) and see what you can come up with.

Is C2 different to GM? Yes, like chalk and cheese.

Return to How do I....?