Making the character turn

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Hi, I was wondering how you would make the player look left and right with platform movement.

• Make a sprite that is your character, but looking at the opposite way. Then go to the event sheet, and make it so when you press the button, it won't only move the character, but change it's sprite too.

e.g.:

you press right, the character looks right.

you press left, the character looks left.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm new to construct could you explain it a bit more and how would I copy a sprite but not change if I change a different one

• In the Animator bar when the Sprite is selected, you can add animation angles - there'll be a default one for 0 degrees, which is facing right. If you add one for 180 degrees, that'll automatically show whenever your character is facing left.

• Ashley that doesn't work for me.

• In the Animator bar when the Sprite is selected, you can add animation angles - there'll be a default one for 0 degrees, which is facing right. If you add one for 180 degrees, that'll automatically show whenever your character is facing left.

For me they seem to loop all the time...

• If you take a look at the .cap for Phys-Box you can see how I've done it.

Create a new animation and add the angle 0 degrees to it. Call it "WalkLeft" for this example.

Add your left-facing frames to WalkLeft. Add your right-facing framed to Default.

Now add an event, so that when he changes directions (on your key press is a good place to put it) from right to left, add "Set Animation - WalkLeft". To the event for changing left to right, add "Set Animation - Default". Ensure that they are separate animations, and that WalkLeft is not a sub-animation of Default (I am unable to reference sub-animations, I do not know if this is a bug or if I'm simply doing it wrong).

• I now wondering how to not make him walk while not moving

• Ok now my sprite only fires a bullet one way is there any way to make him fire left and right.

• Perhaps you should take a long, hard look at the logic of your event code.

Or share it so we know what is going on.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)