@Kyatric is right, Construct 2 is a game engine not a website creator! While we don't want to limit what people do with it, we don't recommend using it to make websites for pretty much the same reasons people don't like pure-Flash websites:
- search engines can't crawl it so your search engine ranking will suffer massively
- you can't select text in the page to copy/paste
- you can't Ctrl+F search within the page
- back/forward buttons in the browser generally don't work
- you cannot easily get a URL to a specific screen/layout/page
- translation tools like Google Translate don't work, so your international visitors are left out
- we don't even have a convenient hyperlink object (like I say, we make a game engine, not a website creator)
- on top of all that, users with old browsers which don't support HTML5 will be unable to view your website at all! That's currently about 25% of users in the world. Not the end of the world for a casual game, but the end of the world for your website.
Highly respected usability expert Jacob Nielsen wrote about why Flash sucks for websites
as far back as 2000. Many of those points still apply to websites made in Construct 2. So I would highly recommend you make a website the traditional way, in HTML and CSS.
Of course, using it for non-essential content like banners, logos, or (obviously) games is fine. I would just recommend you don't make your entire website in it.Ashley2012-04-20 11:59:55