Maniac Mansion style Point and Click (Version 2)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • User interface is enabled doors 1-2 open close.

Walk Right - Left full length of layout.

Mobile Touch enabled

Walking zone set for doors and stairs.

Currently switch layout / scene disabled due to working on better walkto movement.

Demo so far as it sits.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/role-play ... es/mm-5070

Related topic to current known issues.

how-do-i-set-on-touch-movement-advanced_t167297

• ok! added look control and door 1-2 goto layout1.

found issue when goto layout doors close and they should stay open unless closed.

maybe set default to open and on start of layout close but think that will cause the same issue. tried on start of layout open_1 = 1 set open visible, but did not seam to work.

updated: Fixed doors closing on start of layout.

• Good work man, it bring back memories...

(And, I remember a pair of years ago, when I tried my first Game Creation Tool, it was Adventure Game Studio...

Now it' s great working on a Tool that can do the same thing, in addition to other hundreds and on all hardware platforms.)

• man nice, I was just thinking about this game the other day.

and this:

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Good work man, it bring back memories...

(And, I remember a pair of years ago, when I tried my first Game Creation Tool, it was Adventure Game Studio...

Now it' s great working on a Tool that can do the same thing, in addition to other hundreds and on all hardware platforms.)

Oh Yah! Zak Mc, MM and Leisure Suit Larry where The games I grew up on. I want to recreate the experience and give these games new life on mobile devices.

• man nice, I was just thinking about this game the other day.

and this:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

It has been fun so far building this point and click style game. Just having issues with walking around objects. I was looking at a jedi click and play where they added a round table so I know it can be done with construct 2. Just have to keep tweaking the code.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • currently in two parts as I work out the bugs.

This link is to my interactive inventory for my click, drag n play game.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-gam ... ntory-5085

• nicely done Carbincopy

• nicely done Carbincopy

Thanks for the inspiring words.

It's coming together pretty nicely so far. Just have to finger out the bug / issue with walking over objects.

I tried pathfinding and did not like how the player would make circles before moving to touch x,y and moveto for some reason disables collisions and can't seam to set them so he moves around the object.

Sure I could just use images that are square and dull, But I really want to learn how to spice the design up.

I will keep pound away at the keys until ether I get bored and start a new project or I get it to work right.

Have fun and enjoy. Jeremy C.

• pathfinding version with pathfinding issues.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/role-play ... abled-5103

i still like moveto better just have to have time to fix the walking on walls issues for stairs.

• New updated version V1.0.6.0

Interactive door ways and stair case. Still has a small issue with cutting over background objects but not really noticeable.

Will add the interactive inventory system in the next update as seen in the demo listed above.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/role-play ... -1060-5070

• Talking about old-style adventure games, have you ever played "5 days a stranger"?

I really liked, with a good plot, very scary notwithstanding the simple graphic.

It could give some ideas or "tricks" to make suspense (or real fear if needed!).

• Talking about old-style adventure games, have you ever played "5 days a stranger"?

I really liked, with a good plot, very scary notwithstanding the simple graphic.

It could give some ideas or "tricks" to make suspense (or real fear if needed!).

Thanks for the information. I will look into that game.

Currently I am just trying to prefect the players movements. Once I have a better understand of how to get it to work right. Then I have a few games already on paper to convert over to the Point and Click style game platform.

Have fun and enjoy. Jeremy C.

• New version 2.0 with tons of stuff to do and look at.

This will be the last update for this demo.

As I have pushed it to 73 events under the free version of construct 2.

I have also learned how to make my player do as requested.

and oh yes you can die. In this demo.

• How did you figure out clean path finding up/down stairs? Are you using the path finding behavior? I played with it but haven't come up with a good solution yet. I'm trying to figure something out for A.I. pathfinding in a lemmings style game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)