Maniac Mansion style Point and Click (Version 2)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:59 am

New updated version V1.0.6.0

Interactive door ways and stair case. Still has a small issue with cutting over background objects but not really noticeable.
Will add the interactive inventory system in the next update as seen in the demo listed above.
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/role-play ... -1060-5070
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Talking about old-style adventure games, have you ever played "5 days a stranger"?
I really liked, with a good plot, very scary notwithstanding the simple graphic.
It could give some ideas or "tricks" to make suspense (or real fear if needed!).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:19 pm

HR78 wrote:Talking about old-style adventure games, have you ever played "5 days a stranger"?
I really liked, with a good plot, very scary notwithstanding the simple graphic.
It could give some ideas or "tricks" to make suspense (or real fear if needed!).

Thanks for the information. I will look into that game.

Currently I am just trying to prefect the players movements. Once I have a better understand of how to get it to work right. Then I have a few games already on paper to convert over to the Point and Click style game platform.

Have fun and enjoy. Jeremy C.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:02 pm

New version 2.0 with tons of stuff to do and look at.
This will be the last update for this demo.
As I have pushed it to 73 events under the free version of construct 2.
I have also learned how to make my player do as requested.

and oh yes you can die. In this demo.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 am

How did you figure out clean path finding up/down stairs? Are you using the path finding behavior? I played with it but haven't come up with a good solution yet. I'm trying to figure something out for A.I. pathfinding in a lemmings style game
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Man, I've been thinking of making a game like this for such a long time. My only issue for it is the dialogue system and how I want to have lots of animations and such going on during them. How are you going to implement dialogue into this?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests